• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed

• CloudBoss.pro

Is anyone have experience with Youtube traffic

Youtube traffic

• Please log in to reply
    12 replies to this topic

#1 alex111

alex111

• posts 27

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:54 AM

Hi guys I have got request to make a youtube channel from the guy who sells custom furniture. 

Is there a hope to get traffic from youtube if its local business? And if so what tips you can give to make it location oriented.

Thank you.

#2 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,408
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:21 PM

Hi guys I have got request to make a youtube channel from the guy who sells custom furniture. 
    Is there a hope to get traffic from youtube if its local business? And if so what tips you can give to make it location oriented.
    Thank you.

Yes you can rank Youtube videos for local terms. In fact you generally get a better click through rate than having a website sitting under the Google map results as people do like clicking on videos.

You need to make sure you include the NAP info for the business as well as whatever keyword you are targeting in the description.

Keep your videos short at least for the first few.

I generally brand the channel with the business name and then depending on the different products create different playlists that are keyword targeted.

Another place that is good for hitting with your keywords is inside the video itself so you can have it included in your closed caption text.

Do not keyword stuff the video descriptions and tags. Pick 2-3 tops for each one rather than trying to force a bunch for each video. More videos and less keywords for each one is better than fewer videos and more keywords for each one.

Decide on a call to action. Do you want them to go to go to a specific product on the clients website? Call them directly? go to a landing page? Send a text? You want to answer that question before you create each video so you can work the cta right into the video itself.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#3 alex111

alex111

• posts 27

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:29 PM

Thank you Richard for useful info, can you please explain what NAP is?

Another place that is good for hitting with your keywords is inside the video itself so you can have it included in your closed caption text. 

Does caption text seen by youtube and will those words affect rankings of the video? This very interesting.

Do you want them to go to go to a specific product on the clients website? Call them directly? go to a landing page? Send a text?

I only see one way is to add a website link in description or just say website or company name in the video. Do you know any other ways to drive traffic from the video?

Also still most important question is that how to do I localize the video? I mean for example I need potential customers from Miami only, but my videos can be seen by anyone in the world so if I get, lets say 1000 views only 1 of them maybe from Miami.

So I wondering do I name video "Miami wooden stools" or how, I still can understand this part.

Thank you in advance.

#4 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,408
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:53 PM

Thank you Richard for useful info, can you please explain what NAP is?

Does caption text seen by youtube and will those words affect rankings of the video? This very interesting.

I only see one way is to add a website link in description or just say website or company name in the video. Do you know any other ways to drive traffic from the video?

Also still most important question is that how to do I localize the video? I mean for example I need potential customers from Miami only, but my videos can be seen by anyone in the world so if I get, lets say 1000 views only 1 of them maybe from Miami.

So I wondering do I name video "Miami wooden stools" or how, I still can understand this part.

Thank you in advance.

NAP- Name, Address, Phone Number. If you are going to be working for local clients then you need to get them listed in as many of the citiation sites as possible. You also need to make sure the info is the same across all the sites, the website itself and anywhere else you add the information. Including the NAP info in your Youtube descriptions makes it easier for Google to match the video up with the business, basically just one more thing to link everything together.

Google/YouTube uses different factors to decide on what the video is about and the CC text is one of the things it uses. You can let YouTube create one or upload one yourself which in my opinion is the best choice as you have more control.

Just like seo in general Google uses on-site text and links to decide what the video is going to rank for. The title of the video, cc text, chanel name, tags, description, etc are all going to help. Now of course people outside your target market are going to be able to watch the video but that does not really matter as long as you get people from you target market to watch it. It is usually easier to rank for a local term rather than a broad one just like when ranking a website in Google.

You can use links inside the video as well as links in the description. Generally inside the video converts better but you always want to do testing in your particular market. If you refer to your CTAs in the video itself that also helps conversions ("click the button HERE to go to our website").

I generally do not name videos like that because even if you do rank you are not going to get very many clicks. There are a lot of places to get the "Miami" part in but you want to name you videos something that is going to get people to actually watch the video.  In your example you can use shopping "How to" videos showing how to tell crappy furniture from quality. Since your client is actually making the furniture you could do videos of the process itself and the choices that he makes in the production process that makes his furniture a better choice. The differences in the different wood types that he uses etc. You have a lot of choices when it comes to subject matter, the goal is to get people to click and to watch all (or at least most) of the video. Ranking the video is only one part and if you go to the trouble of ranking a video that nobody is going to click on and watch then you have wasted time and money.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#5 alex111

alex111

• posts 27

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

Thank you very much Richard for your explanation it helps a lot. 

Please clarify how can I place clickable links inside videos? As I know I can only place links that leads to Youtube pages or a crowd funding sites I guess. Is the a feature that allows me to place link in a video leading to my site?

#6 alex111

alex111

• posts 27

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:58 PM

I guess may be its a silly question, but I still couldn't find the way to add outgoing links in video. If anyone can specify how to do it?

Thank you.

#7 alex111

alex111

• posts 27

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:08 AM

software exchange views, or seo, increase traffic. Surf websites hit contractions increase or exchange click. I do not know much. Can anyone help me and share with everyone :)

It doesn't seem to be an answer to my question!

#8 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,408
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:52 AM

I guess may be its a silly question, but I still couldn't find the way to add outgoing links in video. If anyone can specify how to do it?

Thank you.

You can add the links via annotations

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/92710?hl=en

#9 alex111

alex111

• posts 27

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:43 AM

Hi Richard, I checked your link and it does say: You can choose whether you want the annotation to link to another video, your channel, a playlist, a fundraising site or direct the users to subscribe to your channel.

I also found available options in annotations and it says:

Video

Playlist
    Channel
    Google+ Profile/Page
    Subscribe
    Fundraising Project
    Merch

So I couldn't find a place where I can link to my site from the video.
    Please advice if I missing something. Thank you.

#10 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,408
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:33 PM

Hi Richard, I checked your link and it does say: You can choose whether you want the annotation to link to another video, your channel, a playlist, a fundraising site or direct the users to subscribe to your channel.

Video

Playlist
    Channel
    Google+ Profile/Page
    Subscribe
    Fundraising Project
    Merch

Hmm... That is odd, I am sure that is how I have added links in the past. It has been awhile since I have done a new video with a link so maybe I did it a different way. I will try and check it out later today and get back to you.

#11 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 6,408
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:28 PM

Video

Playlist
    Channel
    Google+ Profile/Page
    Subscribe
    Fundraising Project
    Merch

Sorry for the delay got busy and forgot to check and see what the deal was.

You have to verify the website first in order to link out to it.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2887282?hl=en&ref_topic=2795929&vid=1-635791587476593544-1274956812

#12 alex111

alex111

• posts 27

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:01 AM

Sorry for the delay got busy and forgot to check and see what the deal was.

You have to verify the website first in order to link out to it.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2887282?hl=en&ref_topic=2795929&vid=1-635791587476593544-1274956812

Thank you very mush Richard it really helps a lot. Awesome advice. Have a great day.

#13 Dewlance

Dewlance

• posts 10

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:24 PM

Simply post tutorials related to your business and it will rank or at lest you will get few clicks, promote your video on forums and blog to get more clicks and it will rank higher.