• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Recovering from Google latest update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    3 replies to this topic

#1 PaoloG

PaoloG

• PipPip
    • posts 11

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hi

i know that everybody is aware of the latest G update whose aim was to target sites that was considered spamming, meaning that the inbound links were too artificial.

I has a site like this and it was hit pretty badly. I admit that i built links using always or almost always the same anchor text.

I know what you are thinking: 'amateur..' and that's true but honestly with the results i was getting i couldn't bother. More importantly, doing SEO in Italy is quite different: you wouldn't believe how many sites get away with just one salespage and rank it to n1 spot for nice KWs.

The bottom line is this: i'd like to recover this slap by building more links and this time changing the anchor text.

Do you think it will help to rank again? or once a site gets slapped by the algo update then there's little to do? i hope this is not the case.

Thanks

PaoloG

#2 Glassy

Glassy

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 205

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

You can try varying your anchor texts and using raw URL's and words like "click here" etc, but with the way SERP's are atm, who knows what works and what doesn't right now. Google seem to be tossing sites around the place like a rag doll and many good sites have been hit and many ***** sites have shot up to the top.

#3 PaoloG

PaoloG

• PipPip
    • posts 11

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

that's exactly what happened to me. One of my pages, for instance, is a 1000 word pure content one. I had also many shares on Fb meaning that people really loved what i wrote. Now in n1 spot there's a one page salespage selling a ***** ebook for 30€. If you link at its link profile you get freaked out. But apparently G thinks it's better than mine.

#4 Zellandia

Zellandia

• PipPip
    • posts 18

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

google can't control search result only with algoritm...some term may getting better search quality and some term were getting worse.. this .

http://searchengineland.com/penguin-update-recovery-tips-advice-119650..
    the best advice from me is diversity everything...(link source and anchor text)