• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Linking sites within your own Private Network

• Please log in to reply
    25 replies to this topic

#21 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,249
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

Good luck...but it is a bad idea

Do you understand what you are trying to do with your network?

The purpose of using a network to link to your money sites is to mimic your site getting a lot of high PR liks from unrelated sites, that is why we go to so much trouble to make sure they all have different hosting etc.

If you are going to link them together than they are not unrelated any longer, by linking them together in any fashion you are creating a footprint for Google to find that says yes these sites are related.

There are lots of better ways to boost your network links other than interlinking them. The risk vs reward ratio is way too high, very little benefit and lots of risk.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#22 macseotips

macseotips

• posts 45
    • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:41 AM

Where does Paranoia begin and Reality end? Look at any Major Media Group: Hearst Digital Media, IAC (Ask), Demand Media, Gannet, Viacom, et al - They are just SHAMELESS about direct inter/cross-linking (often/usually DO-Follow) across their entire property portfolios!

You'll see 'About Our Empire' or 'Partner Sites' pages dropping dozens of links, or 3 inch tall Footers hard-linking to handfuls of, say, magazines and associated sites they own, their regional newspapers, their style - fashion - tech blogs... WITHOUT IMPUNITY.

Our 'Footprints' - that thing us small-potato's all fear and dread and fret about - is infinitesimal in comparison to the boot-grinding STOMP they slam the internet with - on a daily basis.

So what's the difference? What's the REAL risk? Are they White-Listed by Google? Do they have so much Authority they don't even have to be 'sneaky' about it?

Is merely being a ClickBank, AdSense, or Amazon affiliate link whore the REAL factor that exposes and puts us at risk?

Until the hammer falls - utterly random cross-linking when appropriate, in context, and properly themed doesn't seem to be fatal...

#23 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,249
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

Where does Paranoia begin and Reality end? Look at any Major Media Group: Hearst Digital Media, IAC (Ask), Demand Media, Gannet, Viacom, et al - They are just SHAMELESS about direct inter/cross-linking (often/usually DO-Follow) across their entire property portfolios!

You'll see 'About Our Empire' or 'Partner Sites' pages dropping dozens of links, or 3 inch tall Footers hard-linking to handfuls of, say, magazines and associated sites they own, their regional newspapers, their style - fashion - tech blogs... WITHOUT IMPUNITY.

Our 'Footprints' - that thing us small-potato's all fear and dread and fret about - is infinitesimal in comparison to the boot-grinding STOMP they slam the internet with - on a daily basis.

So what's the difference? What's the REAL risk? Are they White-Listed by Google? Do they have so much Authority they don't even have to be 'sneaky' about it?

Is merely being a ClickBank, AdSense, or Amazon affiliate link whore the REAL factor that exposes and puts us at risk?

Until the hammer falls - utterly random cross-linking when appropriate, in context, and properly themed doesn't seem to be fatal...

You are comparing apples to oranges...There is nothing at all wrong with linking related money sites together which is what you are describing.

What the OP is talking about though is using a network of supposedly unrelated sites to boost seo for his money sites which is a completely different situation.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#24 GrupoWayseer

GrupoWayseer

• posts 41

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

Dont link the sites togheter this will notify google and they will bring it to the ground

#25 billyrey

billyrey

• posts 11

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

i actually do when they are all on the same niches only. You can just interlink very randomly if you really want to. I doubt theyll bother with a 100 site network.

#26 Stacked4Life

Stacked4Life

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 343
    • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

If you interlink the sites your just waiting for an ass kicking you will never see coming. IMO. A lot of people in the past thought this was a good idea to only take it up the poop shoot and lose a lot of rankings and money in the process.

Just go get other High Pr Links that have nothing to do with your networks, same thing.