• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Linkbuilding after Panda 3.3?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    6 replies to this topic

#1 mrichards1984

mrichards1984

• posts 23

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

As many of you would know Google Panda 3.3 has already arrived!

Here is the story:

http://searchengineland.com/google-confirms-panda-update-link-evaluation-local-search-rankings-113078

Google says it’s getting rid of a link evaluation signal that it’s been using for years. This one’s sure to prompt discussion:

Link evaluation. We often use characteristics of links to help us figure out the topic of a linked page. We have changed the way in which we evaluate links; in particular, we are turning off a method of link analysis that we used for several years. We often rearchitect or turn off parts of our scoring in order to keep our system maintainable, clean and understandable.

So what do you guys think, the blog post submission and high pr homepage backlinks which were working really great lately will be hit by this update?

#2 RealEcon

RealEcon

• posts 549

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

As many of you would know Google Panda 3.3 has already arrived!

Here is the story:

http://searchengineland.com/google-confirms-panda-update-link-evaluation-local-search-rankings-113078

Google says it’s getting rid of a link evaluation signal that it’s been using for years. This one’s sure to prompt discussion:

Link evaluation. We often use characteristics of links to help us figure out the topic of a linked page. We have changed the way in which we evaluate links; in particular, we are turning off a method of link analysis that we used for several years. We often rearchitect or turn off parts of our scoring in order to keep our system maintainable, clean and understandable.

So what do you guys think, the blog post submission and high pr homepage backlinks which were working really great lately will be hit by this update?

Already been talked about here<

Edited by RealEcon, 02 March 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#3 mrichards1984

mrichards1984

• posts 23

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

I have read the thread about Panda 3.3 on TP, the reason I started this thread was to gather opinions from different marketers on which linkbuilding methods might get hit from this update.

Edited by mrichards1984, 02 March 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#4 RealEcon

RealEcon

• posts 549

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

No worries, I edited my post as to not promote other forums:-)

But yeah, its not normally cool to post the exact same threads on all the forums.

Especially if it were WF or DP.

Edited by RealEcon, 02 March 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#5 mrichards1984

mrichards1984

• posts 23

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

No worries, I edited my post as to not promote other forums:-)

But yeah, its not normally cool to post the exact same threads on all the forums.

Especially if it were WF or DP.

Will keep that in mind next time :)

So what's your take on Panda 3.3, have you noticed any changes linkbuilding wise?

#6 RealEcon

RealEcon

• posts 549

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

I have no idea but had a site lose all rankings on Sunday when it rolled out. Somebody else on another forum was saying Sunday was when their sites rankings went way down as well.

Google is like the Wizard of Oz, just flipping all kinds of switches behind a curtain:-)

#7 rabbistarak

rabbistarak

• posts 21
    • LocationBangladesh

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:27 AM

I don't care about Google panda or google tiger update because I always use white hat SEO and link building methods so I have nohting to worry.