• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Traffic Generation WITHOUT Google

• Please log in to reply
    187 replies to this topic

#21 Teez

Teez

• posts 4

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

Does anyone use Yahoo Answers? I was thinking of trying that this week to see if it scores any traffic this week.

I do I use it to good health its my number 2 source of traffic actually you can directly attract traffic who have issues which your website has a solution for.

:D

#22 ryanjm

ryanjm

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 136

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:05 PM

There is a guy named "myob" on Warrior Forum that constantly touts his "25,000+ website syndicated content network" on almost every thread talking about article marketing or SEO. I'm not sure exactly how he does it, but he has somehow built up a lot of channels for his articles to be accepted, and somehow this generates traffic for him. Some of the problems with this method though seem to be that you would have to be writing in one niche and be very knowledgeable about that one niche. Otherwise there's no way you could build up networks for 50 different niches if that's how you normally do affiliate marketing. You'd have to pick something like tech and weight loss or whatever. Even then, it's definitely way more work than SEO for un unknown amount of benefit. Right now I just prefer to build more sites and diversify that way.

#23 Fitgal

Fitgal

Advanced Member

• Forum Support
    • posts 129

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:20 PM

There is a guy named "myob" on Warrior Forum that constantly touts his "25,000+ website syndicated content network" on almost every thread talking about article marketing or SEO. I'm not sure exactly how he does it, but he has somehow built up a lot of channels for his articles to be accepted, and somehow this generates traffic for him. Some of the problems with this method though seem to be that you would have to be writing in one niche and be very knowledgeable about that one niche. Otherwise there's no way you could build up networks for 50 different niches if that's how you normally do affiliate marketing. You'd have to pick something like tech and weight loss or whatever. Even then, it's definitely way more work than SEO for un unknown amount of benefit. Right now I just prefer to build more sites and diversify that way.

You are talking about Paul Uhl (myob). He has been at it a long time and really knows his stuff on syndication.

With syndication, it is a different game than regular SEO but it is not necessarily way more work. It is just different.

There are many perks with syndication one of the sweetest being you are no longer riding the Google roller coaster.

The basics are; write an article and post it on your site, once it is indexed, send it out to ezine publishers, then send it to article directories.

You would establish relationships with ezine publishers and your articles are usually not be as "salesy" as for organic SEO. One goal is often to get the
    readers that come from the ezines to opt in to your list, just like it often is with regular marketing.

In addition, there are other avenues you can explore with that content and syndication - so you really work to repurpose the content.

And it can bring in steady steams of traffic.

#24 SeoGuy1

SeoGuy1

• posts 43

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

Without google good sources of traffic are: FB page, Youtube, Article marketing, guest posting etc. These can give you huge targeted audience if you are able to play with them correctly.

#25 James Hussey

James Hussey

• posts 11
    • LocationNampa, ID

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

I wrote a blog post about Twitter sending over 3k visits to my wife's new blog - it took her some common sense, and a single Tweet. Oh, and some luck, too. :D

It's all in who you know and how you approach them. I've also leveraged Twitter to grow my audience and make direct and indirect sales, in a passive way, using Twitterfeed, MarketMeSuite and Paper.li.

I'm experimenting more w/non-Google traffic in 2012, since SEO sends me 80-95% of my traffic so far - but when I started TheAverageGenius.net I solely used CommentLuv (with various other blog comment linking) - mainly as a social tool (whitehat) and not automated/SB stuff.

Anyhow, guest posting has also sent droves of traffic whenever I bring myself to do it, and creating a PDF with an embedded social sharing button (Twitter) helps, too. I didn't distribute it yet to PDF sites, but use it as a back-end way to gain customers to my Duct Tape SEO book - seems to work. Nothing major yet, but it's passive income, have made nearly $4k with the book (launched around August or Sept of 2011).

Someone that I've been reading a ton of on traffic is Kim Roach with her Traffic Dashboard (and her free Traffic Underground PDF) - pretty much all new ideas to my SEO brain. Where I first came across Charlie Page (haven't used him yet).

The blog post of my wife and Twitter:

http://theaveragegenius.net/how-newbie-wife-used-twitter-over-3000-visitors/

Edited by DuctTapeSEO, 08 January 2012 - 10:14 PM.

My latest book CJ Tactics is available for a song (coupon code TAGTeam) CJ Tactics: Affiliate Marketing on Commission Junction

My Story - How I Began Making a Full-Time Living Online in Passive Income

#26 Ash

Ash

• posts 71

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

James, I read your blog sometimes, and I was just thinking of Twitter.

Thing is, in some ways SEO is so much easier and better ROI. However, I will definitely diversify into twitter marketing in 2013/mid-2012. Twitter is perfect for my weight loss site, and I see a lot of folks having success with it, so I think that'll be my next target. When I had a news-y site, I got a number of visitors from twitter with no effort on my part other than using an auto-tweet plugin that made a tweet whenever I had a new post.

#27 robrave

robrave

• posts 12
    • LocationIn the Ether

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:01 AM

I'm also looking for some other traffic sources aside from Google. One of my active site right now is on #3 for its main keyword and lots of other front pages for its other keywords but I'm not yet satisfied.

Yesterday, I'd purchased a 10k US visitors from one of the traffic providers. I just wanna see if they convert and if they do then I no longer need to beg to Google to maintain my ranking. Though, I'm not really begging right now haha. They just rank my site high up even though it is quite new and I love them for that.
    I will always be happy no matter what!

#28 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,273
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

I'm also looking for some other traffic sources aside from Google. One of my active site right now is on #3 for its main keyword and lots of other front pages for its other keywords but I'm not yet satisfied.

Yesterday, I'd purchased a 10k US visitors from one of the traffic providers. I just wanna see if they convert and if they do then I no longer need to beg to Google to maintain my ranking. Though, I'm not really begging right now haha. They just rank my site high up even though it is quite new and I love them for that.

I have fount that purchased traffic no matter how "targeted" converts very poorly.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#29 Pakiisp

Pakiisp

• posts 2

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

Forum marketing can be very effective in almost any niche and it can come in several flavours:

- Sig links
    - Classifieds
    - Banners
    - Co-promotion with forum owner/s
    - Creating/buying a forum

Has anyone had success traffic-wise with podcasting directories, powerpoint presentation sites or document sharing sites?

i agree with you.

#30 Ailia

Ailia

• posts 4

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

No doubt the article submission works, but one thing that comes in way is unique content, generating such content is costly and painful..

I think Article marketing is the best way to get targeted qualified visitors for any website and also it helps to get High pr backlinks.

#31 hoadn

hoadn

• posts 6
    • LocationHanoi

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

Without google good sources of traffic are: FB page, Youtube, Article marketing, guest posting etc. These can give you huge targeted audience if you are able to play with them correctly.

Agree. Espeically with the Facebook and Twitter, you can generating a lot of high quality traffic.

#32 Alexa

Alexa

• posts 18

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

Being flexible and innovative is obviously pretty important in the SEO/IM game and to that end, over-reliance on SEOing for Google Organic results ONLY (despite the awesome tactical discussions going on here) could make your IM business vulnerable (e.g. to weird algorithmic changes, various 'Slaps' etc).

So how exactly do you get traffic OUTSIDE of Google Organic search results?

This is the place to share and ask...

To be frank I rely on Article Submission and Social Bookmarking. Luckily some article directories auto social bookmark the articles if they are really good that helps a lot. Otherwise, doing that on my own also helps. After that comes every other part.

I rel
    The Article Directories that I found useful after Panda Update Ezine, Sooper Articles and Article Base.

#33 Warrichpk

Warrichpk

• Banned
    • posts 26

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:19 AM

Google is an effective source of traffic generation. I don't know if proper traffic will be generated if there is no google.No other website has the software provisions or the huge market capacity to generate traffic as efficiently as google.Google still can't be beaten in the area of effective data traffic generation in the cyberspace.

#34 Arena Backlinks

Arena Backlinks

• posts 23
    • Locationindia

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

It's more work though but it can be well worth it to promote your stuff this way. A lot of fitness guys are doing this on Youtube right now with much success. Probably more and option for product owners though.
    I see alot of people that have a nice amount of followers on youtube and i don't think their videos rank in the SEs, at least not for the high traffic keywords.

#35 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,217

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

I do I use it to good health its my number 2 source of traffic actually you can directly attract traffic who have issues which your website has a solution for.

Posted Image

Would you care to share your methodology T? I am running and experiment in SundaySEO on it now but can incorporate some of your moves.

#36 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,217

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

You are talking about Paul Uhl (myob). He has been at it a long time and really knows his stuff on syndication.

With syndication, it is a different game than regular SEO but it is not necessarily way more work. It is just different.

There are many perks with syndication one of the sweetest being you are no longer riding the Google roller coaster.

The basics are; write an article and post it on your site, once it is indexed, send it out to ezine publishers, then send it to article directories.

You would establish relationships with ezine publishers and your articles are usually not be as "salesy" as for organic SEO. One goal is often to get the
    readers that come from the ezines to opt in to your list, just like it often is with regular marketing.

In addition, there are other avenues you can explore with that content and syndication - so you really work to repurpose the content.

And it can bring in steady steams of traffic.

Another great example of the power of specialization rather than distracted generalization in IM.

#37 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,217

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

To be frank I rely on Article Submission and Social Bookmarking. Luckily some article directories auto social bookmark the articles if they are really good that helps a lot. Otherwise, doing that on my own also helps. After that comes every other part.

I rel

So which directories specifically bring you traffic Alexa and do you track which traffic sources convert best?

#38 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,217

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

It's more work though but it can be well worth it to promote your stuff this way. A lot of fitness guys are doing this on Youtube right now with much success. Probably more and option for product owners though.
    I see alot of people that have a nice amount of followers on youtube and i don't think their videos rank in the SEs, at least not for the high traffic keywords.

For me, there's still a question mark over how well YT traffic converts but I'd love a case study/experiment here to prove me wrong.

#39 ChrisCD

ChrisCD

• posts 62
    • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

Our Google Traffic has dropped and our referral/direct is up. That amounted to about 20% of our traffic and 10% of our adsense. I have done some guest posts on a popular site. They have a lot of traffic from Twitter,Facebook and Google so piggy backing off of that.

I would be a little leery of article directories only because many of them are facing the same problems with Google as everyone else. However, whatever you do, I would make the content Unique. So maybe split up your writing efforts. Post some to your site, look for guest posts, and then post some on the various directories.

Ultimately, think about putting the same effort forth on the alternatives and see how it goes. I haven't and I wish I had. For all our complaining about Google, it is really ourselves we should be mad at. We took the "easy,lazy" way and now we are paying for it (well some of us are :wacko: )

#40 macseotips

macseotips

• posts 48
    • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:08 AM

Quite Perversely -- Getting thoroughly slapped across much of my empire by Penguin on April 24th has been one of the most eye-opening SEO experiences ever. Without Google 'cluttering' your view, (I'm being positive here) the remaining effective traffic sources are easier to spot and quite revealing.

Of note: You see how pathetically few of your backlinks really matter over the long haul.
    How Social Media is very transient and bursty and may have very, very little staying power without constant engagement.
    How puzzling that certain niches perform with absolutely unique 'traction' in certain places or types of backlinks and not others.
    How strong - or pathetic - Bing/Yahoo search can really be: But again, it's sooooo dependent on the niche.
    How it seems Googler's are apparently far more tech-y and sophisticated info seekers foremost.
    How Bing/Yahoo has a decided Shopper/Consumer demographic on many levels - but often yield higher conversions.
    How enduring a thoughtful Forum Post can be for years to come.

Perhaps most important of all: That reaching a point of sustainable, survivable income without one iota of traffic from Google is a noble goal. In some odd way the tightening noose of Panda-Penguin led me to a point where I simply decided to STOP trying to fit in Google's noose: To emotionally detach from whether Google 'Loves' or 'Hates' me today - or forever. To step OFF the SEO treadmill of endlessly wanting/needing G's approval -- and write content in any way I want to write, promote and advertise in any way and venue I choose to, link in ways I simply think will help in the Non-Google world.

I'm not giving up on keeping that six-figure income I worked so hard to attain. I'm simply choosing to achieve it on MY own terms now. In the time it's taken to compose this post: There's a dozen things you or I could easily do to generate new content - or drive traffic near and long term. Personally, I'm not going to waste my time 'repairing' my past, begging for 'reconsideration', or 'hoping' to recover. I felt like I was in an increasingly abusive - and abusing - relationship. Enough! Life's to short to pin your sense of worth or success on Google's tail...