• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Is there any danger in sellling this website?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    1 reply to this topic

#1 Mike C

Mike C

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 191

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:07 AM

Ok, so I presume a good few of ye here have shared hosting with hostgator so will know how it is set up with a main domain and then lots of sub domains. So say if I registered http://trafficplanet.com as my main domain with the account then subdomains look like for example mywebsite.trafficplanet.com where say I am the owner of mywebsite.com

so the reason I am saying all this is that I have been offered a decent amount for my MAIN domain through Sedo. I put it up there a few years ago and forgot about it. Its a decent excact match domain but I have never developed it and dont really intend to. I would like to sell it but am worried that it could somehow negatively affect the subdomains in my hostgator account if I change it.

Do I have anything to worry about from an SEO point of view?

Seems easy enough to change - http://support.hostgator.com/articles/how-do-i-change-my-domain-name

#2 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,078
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

I have moved sites quite a few times and never had any adverse ranking issues and in this case you are not even moving the sites so it should be less of an problem. As far as visitors and Google goes they are separate sites so I really can not see why it would be a problem.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................