• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • ManageWP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    19 replies to this topic

#1 Charybdis

Charybdis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 422

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

Posted Image

ManageWP helps you manage all your WordPress sites from one location, keeping them updated and secure.

but is it safe to use? It is like putting all your eggs in one basket, it is a single point of failure. What if they screw up something, and all your websites go offline? Any reviews, alternatives?

#2 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,158
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

Posted Image

ManageWP helps you manage all your WordPress sites from one location, keeping them updated and secure.

but is it safe to use? It is like putting all your eggs in one basket, it is a single point of failure. What if they screw up something, and all your websites go offline? Any reviews, alternatives?

You just admin your websites from there, if they go down your sites still work you just can not admin them all from one place.

My problem with it is putting all the info to all your blogs to a third party. Really not something I am comfortable with. I use a modified version of LFE to manage my blogs.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#3 Charybdis

Charybdis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 422

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

You just admin your websites from there, if they go down your sites still work you just can not admin them all from one place.

My problem with it is putting all the info to all your blogs to a third party. Really not something I am comfortable with. I use a modified version of LFE to manage my blogs.

You don't give them your passwords. You just install their plugin, and that's it. They don't store passwords on their server.

And it was founded by a respected Wordpress developer. they manage over 80k blogs.

This service creates backups to Amazon S3/Dropbox, performs bulk installation of plugins and themes, and one-click updates... And the pricing is very affordable.

They are just a small team, they don't have time to look at your domain portfolio and analyze them, and steal your keywords... They manage 80k blogs.

Looks like this is a must-have for those who have more than a few Wordpress blogs.

Edited by Charybdis, 18 December 2011 - 10:12 PM.

#4 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,158
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

You don't give them your passwords. You just install their plugin, and that's it. They don't store passwords on their server.

And it was founded by a respected Wordpress developer. they manage over 80k blogs.

This service creates backups to Amazon S3/Dropbox, performs bulk installation of plugins and themes, and one-click updates... And the pricing is very affordable.

They are just a small team, they don't have time to look at your domain portfolio and analyze them, and steal your keywords... They manage 80k blogs.

Looks like this is a must-have for those who have more than a few Wordpress blogs.

I am sure they are 100% above board and was not trying to say otherwise, just not something I am comfortable with. I tested it out awhile back and while there were a couple advantages over how I am currently managing my blogs the difference was not enough to get me to change over to that type of system.

I prefer solutions that I can host myself is all, some people say paranoid but I prefer the word careful myself.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#5 xMarkPro

xMarkPro

• Pip
    • posts 1

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hey everyone,

One of my customers (thanks to you!) informed me of this thread, so thought I'd chime in. Another excellent tool on the market is xMarkPro (http://www.xmarkpro.com/). Contains all features of ManageWP, is self-hosted, and is currently only a one-time fee (no monthly charges). Loads of additional functionality such as full support for multiple servers / hosting accounts, IP management, link tracker, campaign management, full traffic statistics via Piwik (http://piwik.org/) which comes pre-installed, plus a host of others. It's been heavily developed over the last 7 months, is now considered 100% stable and solidified, plus supports all necessary functionality to professionally manage multiple sites with quality.

We're always working on additional functionality as well, so you can expect bigger and better things from us in the future. For example, within a couple weeks a new project management module will be released, allowing you to easily order and manage all of your various projects throughout your blog network. Content writing, back links, social bookmarking, etc... easily manage all the orders, allow your providers to login and upload the results, and just all around streamline the entire process.

There's a special on right now, so if anyone wants use the coupon code 'tplanet28', and it'll drop your order down to $297. Expect a price increase in the new year, plus the introduction of monthly packages, so if you're looking for a quality solution to management multiple, now is the perfect time. One-time fee, never pay again. If anyone has any questions, feel free to let me know!

#6 waitingnow

waitingnow

• Pip
    • posts 1

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

Hey everyone,

One of my customers (thanks to you!) informed me of this thread, so thought I'd chime in. Another excellent tool on the market is xMarkPro (http://www.xmarkpro.com/). Contains all features of ManageWP, is self-hosted, and is currently only a one-time fee (no monthly charges). Loads of additional functionality such as full support for multiple servers / hosting accounts, IP management, link tracker, campaign management, full traffic statistics via Piwik (http://piwik.org/) which comes pre-installed, plus a host of others. It's been heavily developed over the last 7 months, is now considered 100% stable and solidified, plus supports all necessary functionality to professionally manage multiple sites with quality.

We're always working on additional functionality as well, so you can expect bigger and better things from us in the future. For example, within a couple weeks a new project management module will be released, allowing you to easily order and manage all of your various projects throughout your blog network. Content writing, back links, social bookmarking, etc... easily manage all the orders, allow your providers to login and upload the results, and just all around streamline the entire process.

There's a special on right now, so if anyone wants use the coupon code 'tplanet28', and it'll drop your order down to $297. Expect a price increase in the new year, plus the introduction of monthly packages, so if you're looking for a quality solution to management multiple, now is the perfect time. One-time fee, never pay again. If anyone has any questions, feel free to let me know!

Nice work, I will try it.

#7 Charybdis

Charybdis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 422

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

ManageWP cannot update the custom (paid) themes and plugins. I have to manually update them, so I can update all the other plugins and Wordpress core anyway while I am inside.

Is there a tool like ManageWP which can update the custom (paid) plugins and themes, too?

managewp only updates those plugins and themes which are in the Wordpress.org repository.

Oh no! What a disappointment.

Edited by Charybdis, 08 January 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#8 Charybdis

Charybdis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 422

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

ManageWP cannot update the custom (paid) themes and plugins. I have to manually update them, so I can update all the other plugins and Wordpress core anyway while I am inside.

Is there a tool like ManageWP which can update the custom (paid) plugins and themes, too?

managewp only updates those plugins and themes which are in the Wordpress.org repository.

Oh no! What a disappointment.

No, I was wrong, As it turned out, ManageWP can mass upload themes and plugins, and can overwrite files. So with this feature I can install and update even commercial plugins.

I was confused because the ManageWP dashboard doesn't show these commercial plugins. But it can update them anyway.

#9 Charybdis

Charybdis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 422

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Only the standard version is worth the money. I use it and it is great! A huge time saver.

However, I wouldn't recommend their higher priced plans. Just stick with the cheapest plan.

There are cheaper tools which are alternatives to their higher plans. For backups you can use BackupBuddy or BackWPup. For uptime monitoring there are a lot of free services. You only need to monitor a single domain per hosting accounts. For example, if you have a shared hosting account with 10 domains, you only need to monitor one of them. And a lot of uptime monitoring services allow one domain to be monitored for free.

The higher priced plans also offer a keyword rank tracking feature. For that you could use Rankerizer or any other rank tracker software instead (much cheaper).

Edited by Charybdis, 21 March 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#10 Mansoor

Mansoor

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 318
    • LocationLondon

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

Is there a way to ge hold of this? I am happy to pay :)

Read my Blog HERE Latest post on Effective Link Building in 2013

#11 liquidone

liquidone

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 85

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

Is there a way to ge hold of this? I am happy to pay :)

yes just go to managewp.com

#12 Mansoor

Mansoor

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 318
    • LocationLondon

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:56 AM

I was referring to custom script that ARVOLOUD was talking about..

Read my Blog HERE Latest post on Effective Link Building in 2013

#13 learn2success

learn2success

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 42
    • LocationLondon

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

i still think ManageWP is a good solution not only for manage multiple wP sites , but also schedule a automatic backup of your sites and migrate to any other site...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn, Learn & Learn....
    knowledge is power, Learn For Success , Free SEO PPC tips, Get a Free NUS Link

#14 Fraggler

Fraggler

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 223

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

Yeah - I'd like to hear more abouth this LFE customisation, ARVolund. :) I'm a bit concerned about storing details to a bulk amount of blogs with a third party.

#15 SmallBizOwner

SmallBizOwner

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 32

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:38 AM

Is there any way Google could determine if ManageWP was installed? I'm looking for some way to manage multiple blogs, but would be worried if Google could detect it and categorize the blog as part of some network. If not, then I'll probably try it.

#16 patman

patman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 96

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

Anybody know if ManageWP.com or any other multi WordPress services also provide hosting on different servers/IPs? I have like 50+ WP sites that I want to set up as a private network and manageable within a central dashboard like these tools, but currently most of them are on the same server with the same IP address, and thus I am scared Google will catch on rather quickly if I am linking to other sites on the same IP... so it'd be perfect if there was some way to automatically spread the 50+ sites across different servers without having to set up individual hosting accounts.

#17 petershine

petershine

• PipPip
    • posts 25

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Posted Image

Looks like helpful, let's try. Thanks

#18 Dhayes

Dhayes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 68

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

I use manage WP. While I have the same reservations as ARVolund, the fact I could update all plugins, wp updates, delete all spam comments, delete all overheads, in one press of a button was too tempting.

I am loving it, they offer a lot more than just the above mentioned also. Site backups, rank tracking, to name a few.

#19 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,158
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

Anybody know if ManageWP.com or any other multi WordPress services also provide hosting on different servers/IPs? I have like 50+ WP sites that I want to set up as a private network and manageable within a central dashboard like these tools, but currently most of them are on the same server with the same IP address, and thus I am scared Google will catch on rather quickly if I am linking to other sites on the same IP... so it'd be perfect if there was some way to automatically spread the 50+ sites across different servers without having to set up individual hosting accounts.

As far as I know you will have to setup your own hosting if you want to spread your sites around to different locations.

#20 Dhayes

Dhayes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 68

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

As far as I know you will have to setup your own hosting if you want to spread your sites around to different locations.

Indeed, managewp.com doesn't provide hosting, just central management with a lot of extras - stats, cloning, uptime monitoring and the similar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users