• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • HPBL Network - Content Strategies

• Please log in to reply
    15 replies to this topic

#1 Candem

Candem

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 57

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

I have started setting up a HPBL network for my own exclusive use and wanted to start a discussion around the best content strategies for a newly acquired High PR domain.

It seems to me that there are a few strategies:
    1. A long page of any unique content with the various links built into this content. This is pretty much what Terry outlined in Backlinks Hydra.
    2. Multiple posts that are more on topic with the targeted anchor text. Again unique newly developed content.
    3. Recreating the original content as much as possible (which I have copyright reservations about :) ) and then adding post onto or within that.

In addition, what are your thoughts on adding additional content? Is this necessary or just a waste of time.

What I have done so far is pretty much to follow what Terry outlined, one block of unique text with the links in that.

Let us have your thoughts or even better if you have had experience on what has worked on not worked!

#2 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,171
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:41 PM

I personally set mine up as a regular blog so that there are multiple pages on the site. I then backlink all the post pages as well as the main page. It just seems more natural to me than having just one page with all that content and than no other posts or pages. I also get a look of interior pages with pr that way as well which I like.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#3 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,171
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

OK my last post made me realize I had not checked the interior pages of any of my sites in awhile.

I quickly checked two of my PR 5 sites.

Site one
    Main page PR 5

18 interior pages
    2 n/a (new pages added in the last couple of weeks)
    14 PR2 pages
    2 PR 4 Pages

Site Two
    Main Page PR5

20 interior pages

3 n/a pages (added in the last couple of weeks_
    3 PR2 pages
    14 PR 4 pages

For me this is the best argument to have multiple pages on your network sites. Having all those pages with PR is much better than just having that one main page.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#4 Candem

Candem

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 57

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:08 AM

Impressive results! Thanks for contributing.

So I assume you are displaying all the posts on the Home page and then, as they are individual posts, you can link to them separately?

I am not totally familiar with Wordpress as I mainly use Joomla :)

#5 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,171
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:46 AM

Impressive results! Thanks for contributing.

So I assume you are displaying all the posts on the Home page and then, as they are individual posts, you can link to them separately?

I am not totally familiar with Wordpress as I mainly use Joomla :)

Basically, I use the more tag and usually display about the first half of the post on the home page or sometimes more if needed to get the links in properly. Most all of the posts are at least 500 words so that still gives me 250-300 words for each one on the home page and then you get the complete article on the post page. Plenty of content on the home page with partial articles and then you go to the individual page for the complete article. Setup like most normal blogs, I also add in at least a couple of posts on each site without any links just to mix things up a bit. Most of my blogs have less the 50 obl's from the home page and I never go over 75.

Edited by ARVolund, 29 September 2011 - 02:47 AM.

#6 mrsparrow

mrsparrow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 34

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

Basically, I use the more tag and usually display about the first half of the post on the home page or sometimes more if needed to get the links in properly. Most all of the posts are at least 500 words so that still gives me 250-300 words for each one on the home page and then you get the complete article on the post page. Plenty of content on the home page with partial articles and then you go to the individual page for the complete article. Setup like most normal blogs, I also add in at least a couple of posts on each site without any links just to mix things up a bit. Most of my blogs have less the 50 obl's from the home page and I never go over 75.

Form your experience how effective is a HPBL network? Did you see solid results? Are the results better or worse compared to other backlinking services (BMR, AMR, etc)?

I'm asking because I'm planing to start my own network and I'm not sure if it worth the investment or not. I plan to start with 10 PR3 domains and then ad 10 PR4 domain but only if I get some positive results. So the initial investment would be of around 3-400 for the 10 PR3's + the cost of hosting on different C class IPs. BTW what hosting company do you use?

Thanks!
    Radu

#7 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,171
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

Form your experience how effective is a HPBL network? Did you see solid results? Are the results better or worse compared to other backlinking services (BMR, AMR, etc)?

I'm asking because I'm planing to start my own network and I'm not sure if it worth the investment or not. I plan to start with 10 PR3 domains and then ad 10 PR4 domain but only if I get some positive results. So the initial investment would be of around 3-400 for the 10 PR3's + the cost of hosting on different C class IPs. BTW what hosting company do you use?

Thanks!
    Radu

They seem to work pretty well, I now have over 100 sites completely in my control plus another 50 that I have added to a couple other shared networks so I have spent a bit of time and money on them. I backlink them pretty heavily which I am sure helps quite a bit.

Right now I am using switchseo, skynet hosting (based in the UK), and expertwebhost.net (small company with limited plans but good uptime, nice IP diversity, and great service) I still have a few sites at wehostingplex but their service sucks and their uptime is getting worse. I had hoped the new owners would be better but no such luck, I will have the last of my sites moved next week. I also have some sites spread out over separate regular hosting accounts.

I try for as much IP diversity as possible, right now I have sites in 4 countries and have 35 separate A class IP's for the 150 sites.

I am looking into setting up a few vps accounts and moving all my sites over to them but I just have not gotten that done yet. On my to do list though, it will simplify managing the sites a bit.

#8 mrsparrow

mrsparrow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 34

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:05 AM

They seem to work pretty well, I now have over 100 sites completely in my control plus another 50 that I have added to a couple other shared networks so I have spent a bit of time and money on them. I backlink them pretty heavily which I am sure helps quite a bit.

Right now I am using switchseo, skynet hosting (based in the UK), and expertwebhost.net (small company with limited plans but good uptime, nice IP diversity, and great service) I still have a few sites at wehostingplex but their service sucks and their uptime is getting worse. I had hoped the new owners would be better but no such luck, I will have the last of my sites moved next week. I also have some sites spread out over separate regular hosting accounts.

I try for as much IP diversity as possible, right now I have sites in 4 countries and have 35 separate A class IP's for the 150 sites.

I am looking into setting up a few vps accounts and moving all my sites over to them but I just have not gotten that done yet. On my to do list though, it will simplify managing the sites a bit.

Have you ever tried cclassiphosting.com? They seem to have the best prices, but I don't know how reliable they are.

Thanks!

#9 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,171
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

Have you ever tried cclassiphosting.com? They seem to have the best prices, but I don't know how reliable they are.

Thanks!

Only if you hate yourself!!!!!!! Hate your sites and want to lose all your hair!!!!!!!!

They make webhostingplex look like company of the year...................

By the time I had moved all my sites from them I had three separate tickets open and one of them had been open for 7 days without a response. At least the other companies support went to the trouble of giving me some stupid canned response that had nothing to do with my problem, they did not even bother doing that.

Companies to stay away from

cclassiphosting- absolutely the worst hosting company I have ever dealt with of any type.

seo-host- second on the list of worst companies, while the support could use some improvement the uptime was horrible. I found this to be very disappointing as they have a very cool control panel which lets you choose IP's from around the world. If their uptime was not so horribly bad they would be a nice choice

ideastack-The support was OK, as was the uptime but I could not get any of the sites I hosted with them indexed for some reason and then they all dropped to n/a. I then moved the sites as soon as that happened and most came back but I did lose 5 sites that did not come back. A bad block of IP addresses or something.

webhostingplex- The support is bad, half the time the reply shows that they only read the first sentence of your ticket (if that) The uptime was good so the support issue was less of an issue earlier but now the uptime is going to crap as well. I only have a few sites left there as I have been gradually moving them and will have them all moved by next week.

#10 mrsparrow

mrsparrow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 34

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:21 AM

hahahahaha....thanks for the honest review!

So I guess cclassiphosting.com is out of the question.

I've taken a look at the companies suggested by you and I think expertwebhost.net are the best but switch seo also looks good.

Your advice is greatly appreciated :)

#11 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,171
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:41 AM

hahahahaha....thanks for the honest review!

So I guess cclassiphosting.com is out of the question.

I've taken a look at the companies suggested by you and I think expertwebhost.net are the best but switch seo also looks good.

Your advice is greatly appreciated :)

Not a problem, I think it somewhat depends on how many sites you have as well. Generally I prefer having my own whm as it makes this easier to admin but some companies do not give you one. All my money sites are either on a dedi or a vps, the only domains I have on shared servers are my network sites. I really need to get something setup to change that fairly soon as then I would not need to worry about support nearly as much.

#12 MacGirl

MacGirl

• Pip
    • posts 5
    • LocationEast Bay of SF

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:02 AM

Wow! That's some pretty impressive page ranking, ARVolund! Lots of work involved in that list of results!

We don't have near that many sites up, and even at that we struggle to keep after them.

How do you organize and manage so many sites? I would imagine that some of those sites are now "hands off" for you, right?

Care to share what kind of time frame it took you to get your sites ranking so high? What kind of automating software tools do you use?

Do you have several VA teams to assist you in keeping up with your dynasty???

Thanks.

Edited by MacGirl, 05 October 2011 - 02:03 AM.

#13 COBSolutions

COBSolutions

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 34
    • LocationDelhi

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:16 AM

After reading all the posts in this thread, i have one question, which is the best source for buying aged PR domains, is godaddy the best or some private sellers, as i have found few cheap and few costly ones around, what is the difference in them.

#14 nicheDoctor

nicheDoctor

• PipPip
    • posts 12

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:29 AM

ideastack-The support was OK, as was the uptime but I could not get any of the sites I hosted with them indexed for some reason and then they all dropped to n/a. I then moved the sites as soon as that happened and most came back but I did lose 5 sites that did not come back. A bad block of IP addresses or something.

agree with this.being the cheapest provider i think every tom,dick and harry got on board. if you do reverse ip check up , you will see many spammy sites around which causes the problem.not just that, i have seen some sites on atleast 2 hpbl networks which got striked and straight away deindexed. and we had 12 sites with them(pr 2- pr 0).. 3 pr 2 and 1 pr 0 got deindexed..we moved rest asap. no other site got deindexed or pr drop...anyway now i think PR is gone forever for everyone. but no need to worry with your sites dropping pr if you are using them for seo. they still have same authority and passes the same link juice. atleast now you know which sites have authority and can pass max link juice.

#15 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,171
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

Wow! That's some pretty impressive page ranking, ARVolund! Lots of work involved in that list of results!

We don't have near that many sites up, and even at that we struggle to keep after them.

How do you organize and manage so many sites? I would imagine that some of those sites are now "hands off" for you, right?

Care to share what kind of time frame it took you to get your sites ranking so high? What kind of automating software tools do you use?

Do you have several VA teams to assist you in keeping up with your dynasty???

Thanks.

I actually do not have that many sites, I know quite a few people with way more sites than I have.

I started about a year ago. Really keeping up with them is not all that hard I have a slightly modified version of LFE that I use to make posts to the sites and I lock them down pretty tight when I set them up so I have not yet had any hacking type issues.

I have two VA's at the moment but I other things for them to work on as well and I use a couple of different writers on top of that, I do go through a fair amount of content each month.

#16 a1b2

a1b2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 514

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:55 AM

After reading all the posts in this thread, i have one question, which is the best source for buying aged PR domains, is godaddy the best or some private sellers, as i have found few cheap and few costly ones around, what is the difference in them.

A combination of the 2.

You don't have to worry about getting scammed at GoDaddy but if you find a good dealer you can save a fair bit of money.