• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • which is better backlink energizer or linkclaw?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    5 replies to this topic

#1 asim

asim

• posts 2

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

Anyone try linkclaw by Chris Munch? He said it does much more than Backlink Energizer.

Alex

#2 Nutter2000

Nutter2000

• posts 53

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

I have both LinkClaw (LC) and BE.
    LC does actually do more but it depends one what you need.

LinkClaw is a website service where you login to your account, create a campaign and post your backlinks for that campaign.
    The service then checks all your backlinks to make sure that your link is actually reachable, if it points to the url you provide and if it's dofollow or not.
    I think they've just added a service for google index checking to the "Mega" monthly subscription.

It can also try and "auto-discover" your backlinks but I haven't had much luck with that.

LC provides an RSS feed for each campaign and one global RSS feed, plus a set of instructions on Chris Munch's recommended tier 2 web 2.0 posting structure.
    It seems to use the title and meta description from the backlink's url, I haven't tried any profile links with it yet so can't say for certain.

Unless you pay for the monthly package you're limited to 1000 campaigns and 100,000 backlinks for the developer package.

---

I'm sure most people here have BE or know what BE does but to recap.

Backlinks Energizer provides a script and a simple interface to setup your own wordpress blogs, you add your backlinks for the queue and it posts out tier 2 backlinks to your backlinks via web 2.0 sites you set up by "hiding" your links with full text rss feeds from other sites.

It's more difficult to setup and maintain, imho, there's no unified control system so you have to login separately to every wordpress installation you have to add your links and there's no checking or anything.

But you only have to pay for it the once.

---

So LC does do more in that it checks the your backlinks do point to your url but it doesn't try to cloak your links in anyway and if you want to scale it you'll have to pay a monthly subscription.
    Also by providing an RSS feed you're not restricted to a specific set of sites that it posts out to.

I'd say that BE is more hands on but can be scaled very cheaply as it's a one-off cost and Steve Ayler provides BLISS clusters of web2.0 accounts that you can just add for a price.
    Also there's the advantage that it's running on your servers so there's no risk that the service will disappear suddenly.

To be honest, I suspect that I'll find they both have their uses.

Edited by Nutter2000, 20 November 2011 - 12:51 PM.

#3 asim

asim

• posts 2

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

I have both LinkClaw (LC) and BE.
    LC does actually do more but it depends one what you need.

LinkClaw is a website service where you login to your account, create a campaign and post your backlinks for that campaign.
    The service then checks all your backlinks to make sure that your link is actually reachable, if it points to the url you provide and if it's dofollow or not.
    I think they've just added a service for google index checking to the "Mega" monthly subscription.

It can also try and "auto-discover" your backlinks but I haven't had much luck with that.

LC provides an RSS feed for each campaign and one global RSS feed, plus a set of instructions on Chris Munch's recommended tier 2 web 2.0 posting structure.
    It seems to use the title and meta description from the backlink's url, I haven't tried any profile links with it yet so can't say for certain.

Unless you pay for the monthly package you're limited to 1000 campaigns and 100,000 backlinks for the developer package.

---

I'm sure most people here have BE or know what BE does but to recap.

Backlinks Energizer provides a script and a simple interface to setup your own wordpress blogs, you add your backlinks for the queue and it posts out tier 2 backlinks to your backlinks via web 2.0 sites you set up by "hiding" your links with full text rss feeds from other sites.

It's more difficult to setup and maintain, imho, there's no unified control system so you have to login separately to every wordpress installation you have to add your links and there's no checking or anything.

But you only have to pay for it the once.

---

So LC does do more in that it checks the your backlinks do point to your url but it doesn't try to cloak your links in anyway and if you want to scale it you'll have to pay a monthly subscription.
    Also by providing an RSS feed you're not restricted to a specific set of sites that it posts out to.

I'd say that BE is more hands on but can be scaled very cheaply as it's a one-off cost and Steve Ayler provides BLISS clusters of web2.0 accounts that you can just add for a price.
    Also there's the advantage that it's running on your servers so there's no risk that the service will disappear suddenly.

To be honest, I suspect that I'll find they both have their uses.

Thank you so much for the review of both the software. I can only afford one of these and I would probably choose BE as this is what Terry is recommending we use in SEO Expert. Honestly, I don't have the slightest clue on how these work. I just need to know that I should get the best since they cost the same.

Alex

#4 DanielC

DanielC

• posts 63

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

It would be cool if someone can set it up for a 1 time installation charge to make sure its done right.

#5 beowulf

beowulf

• posts 7

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:39 AM

It would be cool if someone can set it up for a 1 time installation charge to make sure its done right.

Why don't you try fiverr...

#6 DamageX

DamageX

• posts 55

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:35 AM

IMO Backlink Energize is total crap. Sure, it will work if you have high quality backlinks and spend time putting your sites on different hosting/class C IPs. But that's work and kind of defeats the purpose of having a plugin do your indexing for you. Plus those kind of backlinks tend to index naturally, no need for a plugin. The BEST indexing solution I've tried so far is Backlinks Indexer (.com), BY FAR.

Edited by DamageX, 16 December 2011 - 11:36 AM.