• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Where Can I Get Excellent Physical Product Reviews Written?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    18 replies to this topic

#1 Dan

Dan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 113

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:11 AM

I hate writing content. I usually outsource it all, but im working on a new site which contains 80% physical product reviews, and I am looking for an outsourcer/servicer provider capable of writing AMAZING physical product reviews, and lots of them.

I am really looking for someone who specializes in this kind of thing (reviews) - anyone have any recommendations for me? I have found quite a few good content writers in my time, however need to take it to the next level with this one.

The reviews need to be lengthy and detailed (1500 words+ each would be ideal) and they need to convert :)

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

#2 DanielC

DanielC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 63

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

I have a couple of Review sites so I would also be interested.

#3 Charybdis

Charybdis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 422

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

It is just hit and miss. You must try out several different writers. Even if they show you excellent sample aritcles, you must work with them for a few days and test them.

You need well researched articles, right? Then I would hire someone at OnlineJobs.ph for very cheap (10-12 000 PHP / month), who has excellent English. Let them do the research and the writing, then choose a native US proofreader at Fiverr and let him proofread your articles. You will end up with well researched, error free articles for the least amount of money possible.

Or you could just buy 500-700 words articles from Fiverr from native US writers, but that articles aren't well researched enough.

#4 DanielC

DanielC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 63

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:32 AM

Sound like a pretty good idea...

#5 Kepperbes

Kepperbes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 93
    • LocationWherever the party is

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

From my experience its just best to write them yourself. I know that its easier to just outsource the work, but sometimes when outsourcing to other writers (especially the ones that dont have english as a native language), its hard to get SOLID content that will CONVERT. This isnt coming solely from a product review standpoint, but this is coming from hiring writers in general. I've hired tons of writers to write several things and no matter how many times I state the requirements prior to them starting the article (or whatever they are to write for that matter), there are always slight roadblocks, and usually the content is scraped anyway. I'd also like to point out that since you are getting product reviews written, this means conversions come into play, and nobody wants to spend money on reviews that wont convert. Now thats not to say there arent any good writers (i've found some, but they arent cheap), but for product reviews i'd honestly suggest writing those up myself. This way they'd be unique to your site, and your in 100% control of the direction of the review, and how you'll convert the reader to a buyer.

Just my .02 cents
    You can have anything in the world that you want, as long as your willing to give everything else up in order to get it.

#6 nicbos

nicbos

Advanced Member

• Active Seller
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 334
    • LocationItaly

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

It's true it can be difficult to find a good article writer, and good review writers are even harder to find because reviews take a bit more research than a standard article, and the paying client is looking for not just a decent review, but a review that will prompt a click through.

When you do find a good review writer, hang on to him!

Best, Nic.

Edited by nicbos, 19 November 2011 - 06:40 PM.

#7 seoStylez

seoStylez

• PipPip
    • posts 10

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

It is just hit and miss. You must try out several different writers. Even if they show you excellent sample aritcles, you must work with them for a few days and test them.

You need well researched articles, right? Then I would hire someone at OnlineJobs.ph for very cheap (10-12 000 PHP / month), who has excellent English. Let them do the research and the writing, then choose a native US proofreader at Fiverr and let him proofread your articles. You will end up with well researched, error free articles for the least amount of money possible.

Or you could just buy 500-700 words articles from Fiverr from native US writers, but that articles aren't well researched enough.

Yip you could look at Fiverr, but just remember that you will only be paying 5 bucks, in my experience good articles 500 - 700 words cost a bit more than that. A lot of people have made connections with exellent writers on Fiverr, just not me, yet.

Good Luck
    GigMyLife - New Micro Jobs Website Like Fiverr, only Better.

#8 Dan

Dan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 113

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

not really what im looking for, im prepared to pay for quality - im talking top grade articles here, would happily pay $50 and upwards per review for high quality

#9 JSP

JSP

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 690
    • LocationAZ

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

Check out textbroker.com if you're unable to write them yourself. There's usually a pretty good collection of writers over there. Submit your request as a 4 or 5 star article and you'll get the better writers. The trick is finding a good writer and holding onto them with an iron grip.

1,000+ NICHE-RELATED BLOG COMMENTING SOURCES

100% Niche-Related / 100% Open For Comments / 100% Free of Spam

#10 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,189

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

With review articles, give the writer a LOT of SPECIFIC direction e.g.

don't just say to them write me a 500 word review of the Pioneer GX7000 car DVD player.

Instead, give them a very clear specific structure e.g.

Article must contain:

- 5 best benefits of the Pioneer GX7000
    - Pioneer GX7000 vs Sony LM10 (the next bestseller on Amazon, for example)
    - 5 main technical features of the Pioneer GX7000
    - Summary of 20 buyer reviews (no copying and pasting)
    - How the Pioneer GX7000 rated with Consumer/gadget magazines (e.g. CNET gave the Pioneer GX7000 4 out of 5 stars in their benchmark analysis etc)

By doing this, you get a much richer, user-helpful article that is much more likely to pass a Google Human Review.

On my Amazon siteflip projects, we are moving to this model much more closely and building fewer, but higher quality, sites.

#11 HelpEllen.com

HelpEllen.com

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 77

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:07 AM

I actually went onto a forum specializing in one of my niches, and PM'ed a poster who had a great deal of helpful knowledge about the niche, and offered her a writing job. She took it, and she is doing a far better job than I could have, as she is a true expert in this field!

I have used Lisa of this site several times, I like her a lot- please tell her that Ellen Braun recommended her: http://writerlisamason.com/
    HelpEllen.com. Don't Donate, Just Click! (The zaniest affiliate site ever!)

This is a PR2 (and growing!) blog with KEYWORDLUV installed. I approve all reasonably intelligent comments.

#12 DanielC

DanielC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 63

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

Im testing 3 different writers I will post there info here if there good

#13 Charybdis

Charybdis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 422

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

Here is the secret to product reviews: http://www.consumersearch.com/

ConsumerSearch, Inc. is a service from About.com, a part of The New York Times Company. They use the "Conduit Method". They don't actually review anything, they just find existing reviews on the internet, and summarize them. This is a great way to write high quality content fast.

Read some reviews on this website, and you will understand their structure and process.

#14 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,189

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

Lot of great advice in this thread.

#15 aramyus

aramyus

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 127

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

Just a reinforcement of what has already been said

My experience with expensive freelancers has always been a disaster.

In average, these people are not any better than the very cheap ones. They just know marketing better. I've found it very difficult to work with this kind of people. It's irritating to pay by the hour for someone who is inefficient. And when paid on a per task basis, they are unmanageable.

I have had better experience with low cost freelancers. Often, they are students or young graduates and they are full of good will. You don't have to worry for the time they spend, and you can easily motivate them with a bonus. Sure, you will also find totally unqualified people, but they are easy to spot. I usually keep my freelancers for months or years.

Even for 50$, I doubt you will find good reviewers unless you take the time to train them.

Within the thread, I've found Charybdis' suggestion to be the most interesting.

#16 thekiller

thekiller

• PipPip
    • posts 28

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:59 AM

I'm sure there are many content writers out there at WF. You can try 1 each & come out with good ones.

#17 malphas

malphas

• PipPip
    • posts 25
    • LocationUK

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

I use these guys for my Amazon sites:
    http://www.reidwriting.com/article-writing/

Never had any problems with them and the quality of the writing is generally really good. Only problem is they recently put the prices up, which is a bit irritating.

#18 nicbos

nicbos

Advanced Member

• Active Seller
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 334
    • LocationItaly

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

I use these guys for my Amazon sites:
    http://www.reidwriting.com/article-writing/

Never had any problems with them and the quality of the writing is generally really good. Only problem is they recently put the prices up, which is a bit irritating.

I like how they have put up examples of work for the three different grades of writing that they do, and it is clear that the non-english speaking review example documents are genuine, so this does look like a reputable writing service.

Their reviews are a bit expensive for what they are, as the examples are really just a summary of Amazon product reviews and they don't even try to disguise it.

So the standard of writing is better than the other examples from this thread, but the content is still lacking - I'll stick to my current writer, more content less bucks :)

Best, Nic.

Edited by nicbos, 28 November 2011 - 11:07 AM.

#19 Dan

Dan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 113

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

just to update, i finally found someone who wrote amazing product reviews... the bad news is, they are booked up until the new year.... :(

My method was simply trial and error, hired about 15 writers, gave them the brief, and let them write 1 review. Seems like the good writers have more than enough work, going to have to keep him busy once he has free time...

rate was $25 per 1000 words, very good deal IMO so good writers are out there..

Edited by Dan, 02 December 2011 - 07:04 PM.