I am learning SEO since last 2-3 months. I decided to start this thread just for my motivation and help myself and all of you to clear some seo myths.
Here are some details about my project
Niche : Health Niche
Domain Name : Newly Registered .com domain
Website : It currently has 300 unique posts on it which were drip feed in last 30 days. Interesting thing is that out of 300, 280+ posts are just spun posts (95%+ Unique).
Keyword : Very competitive, 400,000 exact searches
Current Rankings : page 1
I want to know if the following things have effect on seo or not :
1) Exact Match Domain - (My site is way far from exact match domain)
2) Keyword In The Domain - (My site doesn't contain even the keyword)
3) Ranking HomePage ( I am trying to rank an inner page)
4) Do not Post Spun Articles On Your Own Domain ( I have 90% + most which are just spun articles - They make very little sense but each of them is at least 95% unique)
5) Length Of The Article Should be between 400 to 700. (My article is 11,000+ words long).
Many may argue that i am just stacking up spam posts by publishing spun articles. My take is different. I am using those articles for internal backlinking + authorization Purposes.
I will not reveal keyword or URL just now but may be doing it in the future.
Edited by harryjogi, 28 September 2011 - 05:22 PM.