• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • My SEO Experiment

• Please log in to reply
    66 replies to this topic

#1 harryjogi

harryjogi

• PipPip
    • posts 21

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

Hello Members,
    I am learning SEO since last 2-3 months. I decided to start this thread just for my motivation and help myself and all of you to clear some seo myths.

Here are some details about my project

Niche : Health Niche
    Domain Name : Newly Registered .com domain
    Website : It currently has 300 unique posts on it which were drip feed in last 30 days. Interesting thing is that out of 300, 280+ posts are just spun posts (95%+ Unique).
    Keyword : Very competitive, 400,000 exact searches
    Current Rankings : page 1

I want to know if the following things have effect on seo or not :

1) Exact Match Domain - (My site is way far from exact match domain)
    2) Keyword In The Domain - (My site doesn't contain even the keyword)
    3) Ranking HomePage ( I am trying to rank an inner page)
    4) Do not Post Spun Articles On Your Own Domain ( I have 90% + most which are just spun articles - They make very little sense but each of them is at least 95% unique)
    5) Length Of The Article Should be between 400 to 700. (My article is 11,000+ words long).

Many may argue that i am just stacking up spam posts by publishing spun articles. My take is different. I am using those articles for internal backlinking + authorization Purposes.

I will not reveal keyword or URL just now but may be doing it in the future.

Edited by harryjogi, 28 September 2011 - 05:22 PM.

Get 75 Free Backlinks Per Day - Click Here To Learn More
    This Is A Free Membership And Link Is My Affiliate Link

#2 Kepperbes

Kepperbes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 93
    • LocationWherever the party is

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

Hello Members,
    I am learning SEO since last 2-3 months. I decided to start this thread just for my motivation and help myself and all of you to clear some seo myths.

Here are some details about my project

Niche : Health Niche
    Domain Name : Newly Registered .com domain
    Website : It currently has 300 unique posts on it which were drip feed in last 30 days. Interesting thing is that out of 300, 280+ posts are just spun posts (95%+ Unique).
    Keyword : Very competitive, 400,000 exact searches
    Current Rankings : -

I want to know if the following things have effect on seo or not :

2) Keyword In The Domain - (My site doesn't contain even the keyword)
    3) Ranking HomePage ( I am trying to rank an inner page)
    4) Do not Post Spun Articles On Your Own Domain ( I have 90% + most which are just spun articles - They make very little sense but each of them is at least 95% unique)
    5) Length Of The Article Should be between 400 to 700. (My article is 11,000+ words long).

Many may argue that i am just stacking up spam posts by publishing spun articles. My take is different. I am using those articles for internal backlinking + authorization Purposes.

I will not reveal keyword or URL just now but may be doing it in the future.

3 months in the game and your already going after the health niche? Needless to say you can have IMMACULATE on page SEO, and will STILL have a ridiculously hard time getting into that if you dont know what your doing. I'm not saying this to discourage you, but I've got a friend who chose "Body Building" to be his first keyword when he first got into SEO, and he quickly learned that was going to be a pretty big battle.

To keep things positive, its fairly simple:

1. Build Backlinks
    2. Keep good, fresh, unique content on there (readable or not)
    3. Build more Backlinks

If you do that then you should be fine
    You can have anything in the world that you want, as long as your willing to give everything else up in order to get it.

#3 harryjogi

harryjogi

• PipPip
    • posts 21

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

3 months in the game and your already going after the health niche? Needless to say you can have IMMACULATE on page SEO, and will STILL have a ridiculously hard time getting into that if you dont know what your doing. I'm not saying this to discourage you, but I've got a friend who chose "Body Building" to be his first keyword when he first got into SEO, and he quickly learned that was going to be a pretty big battle.

To keep things positive, its fairly simple:

1. Build Backlinks
    2. Keep good, fresh, unique content on there (readable or not)
    3. Build more Backlinks

If you do that then you should be fine

Thanks for the concern but my 30 days old site is now already ranking on page 1. (If you wanna know the site name, i can PM you so that you can be sure)

#4 Jordan Brown

Jordan Brown

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 43
    • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

Can you let us know how you are achieving these results? What kind of backlink strategies are you using and which do you think are effective?

Link Cloaking - STOP Losing Affiliate Commissions! - Easy Link Cloaker Script and WP Plugin

#5 harryjogi

harryjogi

• PipPip
    • posts 21

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:32 PM

Can you let us know how you are achieving these results? What kind of backlink strategies are you using and which do you think are effective?

I use following tools :

1) Senuke x
    2) AMR
    3) Scrabebox
    4) High pr network (subscription service)

#6 XRay

XRay

• PipPip
    • posts 21
    • LocationMetro-Atlanta, GA

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:43 AM

I think this is going to be an interesting experiment.

But I'm wondering about your posting schedule for the number of posts published. How did you arrive at the posting schedule you followed over the 30 days? Given the number of posts, it seems like you would have stretched them out over a longer period of time (to appear "natural").

I blog about the custom print-on-demand designs I create for iCandy58Designs on iCandy58Designs, the Blog.

#7 Kepperbes

Kepperbes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 93
    • LocationWherever the party is

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:46 AM

Thanks for the concern but my 30 days old site is now already ranking on page 1. (If you wanna know the site name, i can PM you so that you can be sure)

Seriously? Not bad, that's pretty good actually. Yea, i'd like to know the site name so I can do some of my own reverse engineering. If you've gotten a brand new site to rank that quickly for a term like that, I'd definitely like to see what it is exactly your doing differently than your competitors (considering the competition is actually stiff).
    You can have anything in the world that you want, as long as your willing to give everything else up in order to get it.

#8 Chad

Chad

• Pip
    • posts 9

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:55 AM

I use following tools :

1) Senuke x
    2) AMR
    3) Scrabebox

Great post harry and thanks for the share. I am looking forward to hearing about your tests and conclusions.

Regarding your tools, what is your link velocity like? e.g., how many backlinks per day, drip fed, etc. Blogs and profile links?

Best,
    Chad

#9 harryjogi

harryjogi

• PipPip
    • posts 21

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:12 AM

Great post harry and thanks for the share. I am looking forward to hearing about your tests and conclusions.

Regarding your tools, what is your link velocity like? e.g., how many backlinks per day, drip fed, etc. Blogs and profile links?

Best,
    Chad

I increase link velocity as time passes. Started building about 20 links per day. Now after 1 month building about 300 links per day.

#10 Manuel

Manuel

• PipPip
    • posts 14

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:24 PM

Wow, I would like to know how this works too. Let's us know how you did it.

#11 Buildi

Buildi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 34

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:02 AM

Sounds interesting , i look forward to seeing if you keep these results or loose them over time. Good Luck

#12 stf

stf

• PipPip
    • posts 25

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

Whats the competition like on page 1 for your keyword(PR, age, backlinks, on-page seo) ?
    if your keyword is something like "how to shave a monkeys armpit" I`m not surprised you`re on first page with a new domain after a month. Then again ... if the competition is really stiff .. my guess is you will fall off the first page if you`re not going to keep building high quality backlinks ....

#13 googlealchemist

googlealchemist

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 350
    • LocationSpare Oom

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:35 AM

Were those 300 posts just spun on a synonym level? How long are they?

Care to elaborate on just how you are implementing those tools?

I thought when you said newbie and health niche you were going after some major long tail but its actually 400k EXACT match searches each month?

Care to share a screenshot of the comp. analysis from MS?
    Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

#14 kakaboo

kakaboo

• Pip
    • posts 9

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:00 PM

He probably used broad matches instead of exact.. that would explain everything

#15 harryjogi

harryjogi

• PipPip
    • posts 21

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

Hi,
    Guys, sorry for not replying. I will update the thread within 1-2 days.

@kakaboo : It is exact match search. I am not that stupid.

#16 citrus

citrus

• PipPip
    • posts 29
    • LocationMalaga, Spain

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:30 PM

I use following tools :

1) Senuke x
    2) AMR
    3) Scrabebox

Be good if you can break down what you are using each tool/service for in much more detail.

How many High PR links you hiring/month? what is the PR range? What specifically are you using SENuke X/Scrapebox for? If for profile links what links are you backlinking these backlinks?
    How many article are you submitting in AMR?, whats the word count?, are these spun on synonym, sentence and paragraph, you outsourcing any tasks etc.....

Its good that you are taking the time to experiment but its paramount that you document everything to a T. After all its a experiment, and good ones are clearly and accurately reported, so the results can be then reproduced by following your guide and methods. Good luck!

==> WANTED domains with good backlink profile, PR4+, any name and extension considered <==

#17 rehtheis

rehtheis

• Pip
    • posts 7
    • LocationPlano, Texas

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:17 AM

Unbelievable, Harry.
    I'd like to send me the name of the site
    and the keyword where you are on page 1 of Google.

Earn Residual Income by Clicking Here

#18 acelerar

acelerar

Advanced Member

• Active Seller
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 85

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:44 AM

What software did you use to autopost the drip feed articles?
    And what funnel structure are you using in your internal linking?

#19 jeremynet

jeremynet

• PipPip
    • posts 15

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:48 AM

Wow! That is impressive.
    Just 30 days to rank for a health niche with 400K match search per month is truly incredible.
    There is one thing I in my mind that you could rank in page 1 in just a short amount of time is using the high PR network subscription service.

Is the subscription service open for public or by invitation only?

Jeremy
    Recommended Social Signal as SEO >>> Twitter Backlinks - 3 Days TRIAL FREE

#20 nicbos

nicbos

Advanced Member

• Active Seller
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 337
    • LocationItaly

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

I have some experience of EMD with real world results.

In my experience if you have two sites that are equally valued by Google, but one is an EMD and the other is not, the EMD will rank higher. I think everyone knows this though. Additionally, if you have two websites that are both EMD, but one is a dot com and the other is something else, the dot com will rank higher. Also, in a low competition niche, a site with a relatively low amount of good content, but with EMD, will easily rank on the first page and only need a little work to get to the top.

Does this mean a EMD will always rank higher than competition, obviously not, but also, it is definitely a factor in the algorithm. Google stated not too long ago that they were devaluing the EMD part of the algorithm slightly. Although this makes sense in part, as a EMD does not really mean the sites content is going to be any good, in my own experiments, EMD does still count for a lot.