• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Using fiverr as a starting point

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    7 replies to this topic

#1 best gigs

best gigs

• PipPip
    • posts 21

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

No matter are you offering seo, link building , article writing , social promotion , design work or something like that , fiverr is the best way to get your first online buyers , cause it has a high conversion rate and a lot of targeted exposure for your service.

That's the good side , but there is the bad side, you are limited on your pricing and you have a 20% commission on each of your sales.

Now it would be great if you could use fiverr to get your first buyers and your first positive reviews for your work and then move away to offering the same service without the commission and with the pricing you choose.

I have a website based on fiverr , fiverr clones and basically the micro job niche ,and in the next update my users will be able to add their existing fiverr and fiverr clone gigs on my site to get extra exposure with some of the tools I'll be offering for promoting their gigs.

What I want to do is to give my users the option to include their "outside fiverr" contact information along with their gigs , so my visitors can see their offers and feedback on fiverr , but order directly from the buyer.

So my question is this, are there any legal issues with this , could I get sued by fiverr for doing this, or more likely could my users get banned from fiverr for using this service?

#2 hygenicseo

hygenicseo

• Banned
    • Pip
    • posts 6
    • LocationLahore, Pakistan

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

I dont find any any legal issue....... it is internet after all

#3 Rhetoric

Rhetoric

Advanced Member

• Active Seller
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 207
    • LocationSan Diego

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

I dont this that too. Users have their own freedom to expose their private details outside to fiverr.

My PR 5 HomePage Backlink Network Is STILL Better Than Yours... Check it out HERE
    Still the best SEO Consultants that money can buy.

#4 fluffythewondercat

fluffythewondercat

• Pip
    • posts 3

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

I believe you will run into legal problems.

For starters, you can't use either "gig" or "gigs" on your clone site. Those words are trademarked. And if you propose scraping Fiverr to add feedback and profile information to your site, you're courting trouble.

The co-founder of Fiverr, Micha Kaufman, is a lawyer.

fLufF
    --

#5 best gigs

best gigs

• PipPip
    • posts 21

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

First of all, its not a clone site, its a completely new concept , based on my own ideas and observations of the things that the micro job industry is missing to achieve the full potential it has for online freelancing and outsourcing. Closest thing (but still a lot different) existing now would be bestoffiverr.com

About the "gig", "gigs" and so on trademarks , its absurd to talk about copyright ownership for such common words , the word gig was used by musicians , actors , comedians and so on, long before fiverr was created.

Oh , and one of the strongest fiverr clones is gigbucks...

Also there is warrior forum topic about the issue here :
    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-internet-marketing-discussion-forum/557352-word-gig-copyright.html

About the scraping part, I don't plan to use any bots for scraping content from fiverr and it's clones , all gigs will be added and updated manually by myself or someone paid to do so in the future. The current version works in a way that it collects the querys people use on my site to find the gigs , and then based on those querrys I can manually find the best deals from fiverr which I am missing in my database and manually add them.

Even if I did scrape content from fiverr, I don't think that would be a legal problem cause for example google does that , its stores the whole internet content in its databases and provides search results on his site based on that "scraped" content . For an even better example take a look at this http://jobreapr.com/, its a micro job search engine made by Agriya.

So those issue that you mentioned crossed my mind through the last few months , and I think they won't be a problem. In the end , if my site starts doing well , fiverr will benefit from that, cause ill convert my visitors to buyers and then send them to fiverr. Find the " go to host" button on one of the gigs on my site , and see what happens when you click it.

The issue that bothers me now is what I said in the first post , it would be very hard and time consuming to prevent users from sharing contact information once I give them the option to promote their existing gigs on my site , so I figured ill just give them the option to add those contact info under some defined conditions ( for example minimum sales and feedback %).

Edited by best gigs, 07 May 2012 - 09:07 AM.

#6 fluffythewondercat

fluffythewondercat

• Pip
    • posts 3

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

First of all, its not a clone site, its a completely new concept , based on my own ideas and observations of the things that the micro job industry is missing to achieve the full potential it has for online freelancing and outsourcing. Closest thing (but still a lot different) existing now would be bestoffiverr.com

Glad to hear you're not thinking of copying BestOfFiverr.com...because that's my blog.

fLufF
    --

#7 inplainview

inplainview

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 39
    • LocationFort Lauderdale, FL

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:21 AM

The issue that bothers me now is what I said in the first post , it would be very hard and time consuming to prevent users from sharing contact information once I give them the option to promote their existing gigs on my site , so I figured ill just give them the option to add those contact info under some defined conditions ( for example minimum sales and feedback %).

In my experience, fiverr is jumping through hoops to prevent user interaction on the site.

I tried to promote my content business and some of my backlinking services in the most sensible way possible. They found out every single time. Didn't ban my account, but suspended / deleted the gigs, some of them with tens of positive reviews.

I think that preventing users to interact it's a huge waste of resources. In my opinion a better strategy would be to keep all communication channels open, all the time, but make fiverr so user-friendly and util that one cannot do without it, AND lower that freakingly high fee to something like 25 cents per gig.

No one would want to circumvent fiverr if the commission would be lower, and the site would be more user friendly. Also, really, waiting 2 (two) weeks to get MY money? Why not 45 days, since this is how long the client would be entitled to a refund from PayPal?

What I'm trying to say is that as much as I love getting some good gigs done on fiverr, I always feel bad knowing that the provider is going to end up with something like $3.82 after two weeks of waiting.

If you can beat that, you'll have the entire fiverr following coming over to your site.

Glad to hear you're not thinking of copying BestOfFiverr.com...because that's my blog.

fLufF
    --

Love your blogs. PM sent regarding the writer position.
    =======================================================================================
    Don't ask how I do it! 1,000 links/month - 100% successful >GUARANTEED< Subscribe NOW!
    =======================================================================================
    Panda Scare? I have the solution! - Special Offer for Writing Quality Content

#8 best gigs

best gigs

• PipPip
    • posts 21

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

fLufF
    --

Yes I know it's yours, don't worry about it, you focus on gig reviews , I have different plans for best-gigs.

Maybe we could even work together in the future.