• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • My site is regaining rankings after Penguin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    9 replies to this topic

#1 0o0

0o0

• posts 26

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

Like many of you my websites took a spanking from the Penguin update and a lot of my sites have lost traffic for all their broad and longtail keywords. I am happy however that one of my biggest money site is now regaining original positions for some, but not all my keywords. The site has had little backlinking done since 2009, but has links from some blog networks using spun content like ALN.

I am now ranking again for my target keywords which were linked from spun content. The one thing that seperates this site and my other sites which have lost virtually all their traffic, is that it has a more diverse range of backlinks. The others I had got a bit lazing by ranking purely using blog networks alone because of their previous ranking power. Anyone else notice any improvements?

Edited by 0o0, 28 April 2012 - 08:31 PM.

#2 ckc1227

ckc1227

• posts 78

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

I went from 1 to 14 for my main keyword, and now it has come back to 10-11, so I guess that's some improvement. Every other keyword for my interior pages are nowhere to be found though, and I don't see them coming back anytime soon.

#3 AdamWB

AdamWB

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 404

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

Not to burst your bubble, but I'm highly confident that things aren't done bouncing around yet. When panda came out it took a long time for things to eventually settle to a stable level, depending on your phrases.

#4 Pete15

Pete15

• posts 43

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

Nope I am noticing nothing.

Has anybody blasted more links to their sites, with completely random anchor texts, to see if this is helping? Probably too early to ask as results usually take time, but though I would throw it out there anyway

#5 heyman

heyman

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 137

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

Has anybody blasted more links to their sites, with completely random anchor texts, to see if this is helping? Probably too early to ask as results usually take time, but though I would throw it out there anyway

I got a bookmarks package that I'm using just URLs as the anchors that I'm pointing to every page on my site. Using it as a test of sorts to see if the site gains any.

#6 Theo

Theo

• posts 9
    • LocationGulf Coast

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

I agree Penguin is not done yet.
    Most of my sites dropped 4-6 pages
    and have not recovered. Only 2 had links from PBN 's...

#7 Pete15

Pete15

• posts 43

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

I got a bookmarks package that I'm using just URLs as the anchors that I'm pointing to every page on my site. Using it as a test of sorts to see if the site gains any.

Cool, keep us posted :)
    I am going to 301 a site to a new domain to see if that works out.

#8 thepresence

thepresence

• posts 22

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

DIversity is key with backlinks. If they all come from one location, this is unnatural and that nasty little Penguin will sniff you out. Also, diverity is also key with anchor text. The same anchor text will also arouse the pesky Penguin. This is why The SEO System has worked out so well...it's built in randomizer tasks you to create inbound links with diverse anchor text in a variety of locations.
    Affordable SEO: The SEO System is the best SEO software to achieve search and social media results. Sign up for a free trial now on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/The.SEO.System
    Submit Guest Blog: Ultimate Guest Blogger is the new article marketing answer. Blog on sites with high root PR immediately!

#9 Jubei

Jubei

• posts 21

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

Got some rankings back too although I did tinker with the keyword density and titles. Lets hope the rankings stick.

#10 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,301
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

Well I am not blasting but I am testing a couple of sites. Both have moved up a couple of positions but nothing substantial yet.

DIversity is key with backlinks. If they all come from one location, this is unnatural and that nasty little Penguin will sniff you out. Also, diverity is also key with anchor text. The same anchor text will also arouse the pesky Penguin. This is why The SEO System has worked out so well...it's built in randomizer tasks you to create inbound links with diverse anchor text in a variety of locations.

There is no evidence that I have seen that Penguin has anything to do with looking at where your links come from. This has always been an issue (or at least for years) and is nothing new. That is why we have had all these networks and linking plans with a huge amount of IP diversity. Now anchor text percentages are another thing there is evidence that this was affected by penguin and a lot of people are testing that right now.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................