• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Another Update? Massive Rank Droppage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    51 replies to this topic

#1 ballin

ballin

• posts 79

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

The rest of my sites just got hit today, many went from page 1 to 300+ I've noticed people on other forums complaining about this as well. The top results are even worst then before, many 1 page spammy web 2.0 page, blogger, and PRlog now take over. Well done Google!

Any guys here noticed any major SERP drops today also?

Anyone doing a lot better after these updates, Care to chime in on what kept penalties away?

Edited by ballin, 16 April 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#2 coolstorybro

coolstorybro

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 112

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Yep, I am guessing your dropped domains were EMD?

#3 Robinlowemi7

Robinlowemi7

• posts 54

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

Affiliate links?

Affiliate links=Panda

#4 ascnetwork

ascnetwork

• posts 49

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Same here. Major drop all over. :-( I really wonder what'S going on.

#5 yougotmymoney

yougotmymoney

• posts 544

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

well a couple of the high page rank networks I have been subscribing to for over a year, were recently deindexed. So that definitely plays into the lost rankings for a few keywords, but for keywords that were not part of a network, yes there's definitely some major movement going on.

Here are some examples:

# 91--#880
    #94--#825
    #102--#772

These are all keywords that I was not even targeting.

#6 ballin

ballin

• posts 79

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Yep, I am guessing your dropped domains were EMD?

Yes the ones that were hit were EMD's - IMO I don't think that makes a difference, there are still many EMD's ranking across multiple niches.

#7 ballin

ballin

• posts 79

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

So many people are being effected, it's not even funny. Whitehat/Blackhat/Nohat, it doesn't even matter anymore. Post below is an interesting read.

http://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!category-topic/webmasters/crawling-indexing--ranking/NNinlDYGgwM

Cutt's and company might have overdone it this time :blink:

Edited by ballin, 16 April 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#8 ballin

ballin

• posts 79

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

well a couple of the high page rank networks I have been subscribing to for over a year, were recently deindexed. So that definitely plays into the lost rankings for a few keywords, but for keywords that were not part of a network, yes there's definitely some major movement going on.

Here are some examples:

# 91--#880
    #94--#825
    #102--#772

These are all keywords that I was not even targeting.

Few of my sites didn't sub. to any High PR networks. They had some ALN blasts but nothing major, less than 5% of links. This may have something to due with anchor diversity, I only targeting a few different anchors.

Edited by ballin, 16 April 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#9 Myheavens

Myheavens

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 122
    • LocationPeace

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Anyone have any idea about which type of sites Got hit ??

#10 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,243
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

So many people are being effected, it's not even funny. Whitehat/Blackhat/Nohat, it doesn't even matter anymore. Post below is an interesting read.

http://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!category-topic/webmasters/crawling-indexing--ranking/NNinlDYGgwM

Cutt's and company might have overdone it this time :blink:

Nope, they are getting exactly what they want. Completely unreliable organic results so more and more people move to ppc. More money for Google............

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#11 yougotmymoney

yougotmymoney

• posts 544

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Anyone have any idea about which type of sites Got hit ??

you meany money sites?

#12 ballin

ballin

• posts 79

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

Nope, they are getting exactly what they want. Completely unreliable organic results so more and more people move to ppc. More money for Google............

Yes more money for google but is this good in the long run? Lower quality search results, more PPC Ads being displayed. I wonder when the masses will get fed up and start using Bing.

#13 matchoo77

matchoo77

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 172

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

wow these guys are still at it! Can't bear to look at my rankings anymore actually, gonna let this fallout settle and start rebuilding links in May

#14 rsdunton

rsdunton

• posts 74

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

I dread every update but this update has been very good for one site in particular! Anyone else had favourable results or saw no effect and held on to their good rankings? Would be good to hear some positives from this update too..

#15 ballin

ballin

• posts 79

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

I dread every update but this update has been very good for one site in particular! Anyone else had favourable results or saw no effect and held on to their good rankings? Would be good to hear some positives from this update too..

Good to hear, whenever there's massive site drops there will always be sites that will replace them. Many times these new sites are no better than the ones they've replaced. link profile is just as spammy, on page many times is worst. Anything you've done to gain rankings that you can share?

I did have a site that was penalized 4 months ago come back to page 1. Literally from position 200 to 7! I didn't do anything to this site and just wait the penalty out.

#16 finemoves

finemoves

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 290
    • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Its probably phase 1 of the over seo code they talked about a few weeks ago

The serps are super low quality. Seems people who were doing aggressive on page so had better sites in general

Marketleaderseo SEO Services & UK SEO Services By Smartrank SEO Company

#17 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,243
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

Yes more money for google but is this good in the long run? Lower quality search results, more PPC Ads being displayed. I wonder when the masses will get fed up and start using Bing.

But the real question is how much difference there really is in the search quality. Lets face it, there are hundreds or thousands of interchangeable sites you could put on the front page for most keywords and the searchers would not notice any difference.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#18 ballin

ballin

• posts 79

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

But the real question is how much difference there really is in the search quality. Lets face it, there are hundreds or thousands of interchangeable sites you could put on the front page for most keywords and the searchers would not notice any difference.

I disagree, if people can't distinguish good search results then Yahoo/Ask Jeeves would still be on top. Google is #1 today because people recognized it having higher quality search results - (I remember making this switch myself when I was a complete noob). I hope sites like this really take off: http://duckduckgo.com/ so google can have some something other than small Affiliates to worry about.

Edited by ballin, 16 April 2012 - 10:10 PM.

#19 rsdunton

rsdunton

• posts 74

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

Good to hear, whenever there's massive site drops there will always be sites that will replace them. Many times these new sites are no better than the ones they've replaced. link profile is just as spammy, on page many times is worst. Anything you've done to gain rankings that you can share?

I did have a site that was penalized 4 months ago come back to page 1. Literally from position 200 to 7! I didn't do anything to this site and just wait the penalty out.

It was a really clean site in terms of 'seo', it was optimized onpage but not religously, took no notice of KW density etc, just titles and the page heading. Didn't do a great deal of offsite seo either, got a few strong links then built tiers, pretty deep ones (usually around 5/6) as I was experimenting seeing if the depth had much impact or where the point of diminishing returns was.

I think ARV is right on the fact that the end user will have absolutely no knowledge that anything has changed, even if google did this every day joe public would probabaly still not be aware!

#20 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,243
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

I disagree, if people can't distinguish good search results then Yahoo/Ask Jeeves would still be on top. Google is #1 today because people recognized it having higher quality search results - (I remember making this switch myself when I was a complete noob). I hope sites like this really take off: http://duckduckgo.com/ so google can have some something other than small Affiliates to worry about.

My point was not that searchers are unable to tell good results from bad but that in a lot if not most searches there is a huge number of sites that could be at the top of the results without any real difference in quality.

Is this true for every keyword? No of course not but think about all the affiliate sites out there. Is there really that much difference between most of them? In all honestly there is nothing special about my affiliate sites that rank over all the other ones out there, lets face it one review site is pretty much like any other review site.