• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Text Conversion with an Affiliate Product

• Please log in to reply
    3 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Buyco

Mike Buyco

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 132
    • LocationGeneral Santos City

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

I have a website that gets a targeted keyword for a product. I'm thinking of changing the text links linking to the product page. I just want to have better click thrus and conversions. Can you guys suggest a good text link to the affiliate product for better conversion/clicks? Here are some I have gathered:

This is currently my text link:

>>Click Here to Claim Your Free Bottle of Product Now.<<

From my competitors:

>>> Click Here To Order Product from the Official Website <<<

>> Order Product <<

Click Here to Visit Official Site of Product

>>>Get 2 FREE Bottles of Product from the Official Site!<<<
    ==>Click Here Now!<==

I'm thinking of putting official website also. What's your experience? Also I want to mention that if you buy 2 products they get 1 for free.

Help, suggestions, and feedback's appreciated. Thanks!

Link Building Drives Me Nuts!!

"until I found this easier way... FREE!!              ---> Click here                        mikebuyco.com

#2 kotis

kotis

• PipPip
    • posts 10

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

What kind of product is this? Anyway the only way to know what works and what doesn't is to check it on your site, just check if your conversions rate improoves if you change the text in the same way your competitors do, if you see any improvement change it otherwise let it as it is...
    Let me build Your New Website At no Cost! Find out How Here!!!
    Find The Top Blogs That Accept Guest Posts on Your Niche and Start Guest Posting Now!

#3 lsargent

lsargent

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 204
    • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:45 AM

What I've done in the past would be something like... tell them that you were able to get 2 free bottles from them previously when you started using the product, but you know they had a limited supply of those, and you're uncertain if that offer is still available.

Use an anchor like "Check to see if they have free sample bottles left", or something like that.

The whole use of ">>>" characters before & after the anchor text is a dead give away you're an affiliate. Someone who wasn't trying to make money off the product and writing an honest review wouldn't link to it that way.

If you establish a "fear of loss" in the reader, insinuating that if they don't click on your link and check now, they may lose out on an opportunity, it will improve your click thru rate. If you tell me I can absolutely get 2 free bottles, I may say, "well, I'm too busy right now to fill out a form, so I'll just check that out later and get my free bottles when I have time to mess with it", but i probably never will, and you've lost me as a customer.

If you lead me to believe I'm at the mercy of a small window of time to sample the product for "free" to test it out, or that i should check to see if their "2 free bottle offer" has expired, I'm more inclined to click on the link just out of curiosity. If i'm at all interested in the product, I'd rather just know if the offer still stands or not to scratch that itch in my brain. At that point, you've done your job. Just focus on compelling someone to make the click, it's up to the offer squeeze page to convert the sale/signup.

#4 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,212

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

I have a website that gets a targeted keyword for a product. I'm thinking of changing the text links linking to the product page. I just want to have better click thrus and conversions. Can you guys suggest a good text link to the affiliate product for better conversion/clicks? Here are some I have gathered:

This is currently my text link:

>>Click Here to Claim Your Free Bottle of Product Now.<<

From my competitors:

>>> Click Here To Order Product from the Official Website <<<

>> Order Product <<

Click Here to Visit Official Site of Product

>>>Get 2 FREE Bottles of Product from the Official Site!<<<
    ==>Click Here Now!<==

I'm thinking of putting official website also. What's your experience? Also I want to mention that if you buy 2 products they get 1 for free.

Help, suggestions, and feedback's appreciated. Thanks!

Also Mike, you may want to take a look at:

http://trafficplanet.com/topic/2869-does-this-conversions-nightmare-sound-familiar/