• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Bits and Pieces of My Client's Site Content Have Been Copied

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    6 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis727

Dennis727

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 206

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

Hi all,

Need some opinions here, should I be worry of the fact that bits and pieces of my client's site content have been copied? Does it have any effect on the rankings? Thanks in advance.

Dennis

#2 raven

raven

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 185

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

depends on how much...

if they are using wordpress their rss feed might be set up to send out the full article or a small snippet of the info.
    i have had people steal part of my content and had let it slide
    but when someone took 1 of my articles and used it in AMR to promote their site, i had my writer rewrite it to save me the trouble incase it was something panda would count against me
    I would say base it on the PR of your clients site and age, as i think that has some bearing in how google looks at it authoritively, hope that makes sense.

#3 Dennis727

Dennis727

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 206

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

My client's site is one of the authorities in the market, and the websites that copied their content are small players. They're mostly using HTML though, not wordpress based sites.

I checked on Google once, with quotes, and I found part of my client's content being used on article directories, and the links were pointing to some companies in India!

#4 raven

raven

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 185

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

I would say keep an eye on it
    if its something small in nature you could either leave it alone or write to them stating you would like them to either remove it or quote it and give the proper link back.
    I have had to issue DMCA's only when someone had stolen my whole front page and posted it on their site, and in cases were whoel pages were copied and pasted on sites.

#5 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,179
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

My client's site is one of the authorities in the market, and the websites that copied their content are small players. They're mostly using HTML though, not wordpress based sites.

I checked on Google once, with quotes, and I found part of my client's content being used on article directories, and the links were pointing to some companies in India!

Get yourself a stock dmca email template and fill in the blanks and send them out.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#6 Steve Backlink Energizer

Steve Backlink Energizer

Advanced Member

• Active Seller
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 525
    • LocationSo Cal

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

Id outsource to these dooods - they seem diligent and persistent

http://trafficplanet.com/topic/1937-dmca-complaint-due-to-article-on-spun-network-blog/

Get RESULTS with Powerful S.E.O. - "Contextual Links In High PR Blog Posts" Rank Ascend Thread | RankAscend.com

Featuring 100s of NEW High PR Blogs and Kick Ass New Back Office System To Manage Your Orders

#7 googlealchemist

googlealchemist

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 350
    • LocationSpare Oom

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

It especially sucks if they aren't at least linking back to you properly. Either way, enable phat pings so your getting credit for your own content vs the scummy scrapers.
    Aut inveniam viam aut faciam