• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • PR2 Network vs. PR5 Network

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    5 replies to this topic

#1 rocketguy

rocketguy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 68

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

In the past I had a total of about 500 domains in ALN, FBL and also used ELN and BMR. I am thinking about setting up my own private network of sites to help with ranking. It will probably end up costing 20k-30k to do it correctly. I want to use spun content(might consider unique content for the smaller network) and only use the network to link to my client websites, authority websites and random websites. I also want to create a lot of content that doesn't have any links at all. I would also use a lot of other measures I have found to help with reducing the amount de-indexing. My biggest dilema is deciding to invest in a smaller number of high quality domains like PR4, PR5,PR6 or investing the money into a large numer of PR2 domains.

In your opinions what would be better for ranking, long term durability, etc.

1,000 PR2 domains vs. 120 PR5 domains

Your thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

#2 ExtremistOak

ExtremistOak

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 296

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

I think a mixture of both would be good 500 PR2 domains 60 PR5 - This way you are spreading things evenly and will not get hit hard with PR updates etc

See the thing is these days how many spinning networks like ALN are popping up all over the place.. Why? Because its easy to do and requires no outlay from the owner - This is why ALN etc is getting hit too much relying on users - I did warn then months ago they should begin to contribute to the network themselves.

But there comes another problem not every tom, dick and harry can setup a private network - I mean LinkAuthoirty is a hybrid network and it has already cost us now $30k+ to setup - And is going to cost a ton more as we continue to add new sites and scale.. But it works and works well

So if you have the budget and your site ranking at the top is going to earn you much more then the investment then go for it I say

And also remember there is the headache of unreliable hosts to deal with too :-|

Edited by Musa_Aykac, 15 March 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#3 rocketguy

rocketguy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 68

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Ya, hosting is definitely an issue. That is why I was almost thinking of just doing a small network of sites so that I didn't have to deal with too many sites/hosting plans, etc.

#4 AdamWB

AdamWB

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 404

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

Honestly, I would get as many domains as you can vs spending big money on higher PR domains. High PR domain acquisition is WAY overpriced IMO. Not only because high pr backlinks are overrated, but the fact that you can get any site to a pr4+ with relative ease.

For my private network:

1) I acquired a bunch of pr0-2 domains at 10-20 each (mix of both brand new and aged domains).

2) Hired about 30 writers to create great content on all blogs, dripped over the course of a few months. Each blog got roughly 1-2 posts per week.

3) Sent a mixture of quality and spam backlinks to all blogs (tier'ed structure). Make sure you set up social signals, and have them promoted on social networks.

4) By the next PR update, most blogs should be in the PR2-6 range depending on how well you did it.

Make sure you KEEP the writers writing good content on all the blogs (in tandem with your link juice content), or they will eventually be devalued/de-indexed.

None of the blogs on my private network have been deindexed or devalued, even after the big anti-blog-network March update a week ago.

With this network, in combination with a few other quality link-building methods, I've been able to rank for pretty much anything I've wanted 1-8months - depending on the difficulty. The blogs actually get a decent amount of traffic by themeselves and send in referral traffic and I've even received referral leads (money) from the websites. Best of both worlds =)

Go private networks!

Edit: Just saw your hosting comment. Do NOT go with SEO hosting type companies, unless they provide radical geo diversification. I just went with a crap-load of shared hosting companies from all over the world. So much better.

Edited by AdamWB, 15 March 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#5 HKSEO Jonbones

HKSEO Jonbones

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 136

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

A broad set of PR Domains with widely diversified hosting would be the best way to go about it. All one PR would be like trying to rank a site with only super high quality dofollow links...it won't look natural, and would run the risk of getting the site penalized.

From low quality to high quality...seems like it gets harder and harder to make people understand that they need everything, not just the top level...then again, if everyone figured it out, where would that leave the rest of us that do it right?
    linklicious.me - Pings your links until Google crawls 'em. Drips out links at your rate | onehourbacklinks.com - FAST link building service-index, high PR, do-follow options | dripfeedlinks.com - Automated link building service - SEO Blasts

#6 Peter.A

Peter.A

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 31

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

Honestly, I would get as many domains as you can vs spending big money on higher PR domains. High PR domain acquisition is WAY overpriced IMO. Not only because high pr backlinks are overrated, but the fact that you can get any site to a pr4+ with relative ease.

For my private network:

1) I acquired a bunch of pr0-2 domains at 10-20 each (mix of both brand new and aged domains).

I agree with your idea. I also act the same and get effectively.