• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Google WMT message Detected unnatural links

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    26 replies to this topic

#1 Barryonline

Barryonline

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 206

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

Just logged into Google WMT to see if I had any of the "Detected unnatural links" messages that are doing the rounds just now and sure enough I have!

So my best sites are now in the firing line!

Any ideas on what to do from here?

#2 akula

akula

Advanced Member

• posts 139
    • LocationDuck Country

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

I am pretty sure they are just spamming that letter to anyone that has sites in WMT as a fishing expedition or scare tactic. I have one site in WMT and it received the letter. The rest of my sites did not because they are not in GWMT. O

f course I would never put it past google to just sack 60% of their search results on a whim.

#3 Goldnote

Goldnote

• posts 44

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

I have one site in WMT and it received the letter. The rest of my sites did not because they are not in GWMT.

How could your other sites receive this email if they're NOT in GWT?

#4 akula

akula

Advanced Member

• posts 139
    • LocationDuck Country

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

How could your other sites receive this email if they're NOT in GWT?

Exactly.

Oh wait were you serious?

LOL ok maybe I can slow down.

If they are planning on penalizing websites for "bad links" and they send emails "warning" those on GWMT. Then those that are not (the vast majority you would have to assume) would be penalized without the email....Lots of these emails means exponentially more websites that happen to be in the cross hairs that dont get the email. The only conclusion we can come up with, if we ignore the ones I touched on, is that G wants to completely clear out its search results to paper thin to let Bing win the SE race. Or they hate that use their GWMT and want to ***** them over.

#5 VBM

VBM

• posts 48

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

I am pretty sure they are just spamming that letter to anyone that has sites in WMT as a fishing expedition or scare tactic. I have one site in WMT and it received the letter. The rest of my sites did not because they are not in GWMT. O

f course I would never put it past google to just sack 60% of their search results on a whim.

You would get the same message for your other sites if you had them in GWT.

Obviously, Ignoring messages, not adding sites to GWT is not a solution, whether you receive a message or not, sites with 'unnatural links' will get affected,

Edited by VBM, 15 March 2012 - 07:27 AM.

#6 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,303
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

I don't think it's a fishing tactic at all. 99% of the folks on here use spammy link building techniques, build ultra lousy affiliate sites and put junk content on them.

Well if you are going to put out a number like that you should have some evidence to back it up.......

If not then you should not be posting it as fact.....

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#7 akula

akula

Advanced Member

• posts 139
    • LocationDuck Country

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

I don't think it's a fishing tactic at all. 99% of the folks on here use spammy link building techniques, build ultra lousy affiliate sites and put junk content on them.

Sounds like you got butthurt. But tell me how you have any bit of insight into what 99% of people here do or don't do?

Edited by akula, 16 March 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#8 Barryonline

Barryonline

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 206

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

I do not fall into that category, my site is listed in DMOZ and contains nothing but high quality, original content.

#9 akula

akula

Advanced Member

• posts 139
    • LocationDuck Country

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

Never been butthurt but I know for a fact that most of your sites are junk, plain and simple. How many of you make affiliate sites for products you've actually used? If your site isn't good enough to earn natural links then it's junk, pure and simple. That's why most of you folks have to make artifical links and have someone else write your content..it's a joke and I cannot wait until Google pwns you all.

Then show just one of my sites that you know for a fact I own. If you can't then quit running your trap and cry about "bad" IMrs that kick your ass somewhere else.

#10 Barryonline

Barryonline

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 206

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

Never been butthurt but I know for a fact that most of your sites are junk, plain and simple. How many of you make affiliate sites for products you've actually used? If your site isn't good enough to earn natural links then it's junk, pure and simple. That's why most of you folks have to make artifical links and have someone else write your content..it's a joke and I cannot wait until Google pwns you all.

Is this guy for real?

#11 Milk and Honey

Milk and Honey

• posts 37

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

Hahahahaha!!!! Why yes, I've used every single product that I promote and they are all the best products ever made available on the Internet.

#12 neil_patmore

neil_patmore

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 205
    • LocationUK

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

Never been butthurt but I know for a fact that most of your sites are junk, plain and simple. How many of you make affiliate sites for products you've actually used?

I resent your comment. I'll have you know that I have used many products that help me determine when my menstrual cycle stops and starts.

#13 akula

akula

Advanced Member

• posts 139
    • LocationDuck Country

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

Lol ok. Have fun with that. I think aln has about 17k + right now. Enjoy the next decade trying.

#14 Milk and Honey

Milk and Honey

• posts 37

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

"Detected unnatural links" or not, it's business as usual for me.

#15 Barryonline

Barryonline

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 206

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

"Detected unnatural links" or not, it's business as usual for me.

That's my attitude now, months of hard work down the drain but feck it, learn what I can from it, adapt, improve and back to work!

#16 technog33k

technog33k

• posts 78

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

Well guys nows the time to dump a whole heap of articles into ALN, point the links at your competitors and watch them roll. As Matt Cutts says in his tweet, these networks are clearly a target...How quickly do you think we could knock out his own personal blog?? :-)

#17 Juvv

Juvv

Advanced Member

• posts 256

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:30 AM

well it could be an indication they are basically weeding out everyone on the aln network. This will get most of us de indexed then rofl. got there would be millions of sites with posts on that network.
    Web 2.0 Explosion! - Hand Made Web 2.0 Properties On Platforms Tools Don't Do - Beat The Blog Network Blues!

#18 gigsmeme

gigsmeme

• posts 7

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:35 AM

Google get more polite now
    this always happened.

#19 active-learner

active-learner

• posts 93

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:42 AM

Guys, It's not a scare tactic. I received the letter 2 weeks ago and didn't act. Yesterday my site dropped to more than 100 after being top 3 with 6 keywords for 2 years. I was using blog networks and blog posts but nothing aggressive.

1 page still ranking #4, because I never used blog networks for it.

So your implying it is not a side wide penalty but a per page penalty here? That would be good

Edited by active-learner, 24 March 2012 - 04:43 AM.

#20 abby013

abby013

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 139

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

Just logged into Google WMT to see if I had any of the "Detected unnatural links" messages that are doing the rounds just now and sure enough I have!

So my best sites are now in the firing line!

Any ideas on what to do from here?

do nothing mate...
    Google would not drop your ranks because of un natural links..
    Except if you are on a very competitive niche...