• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • ALN lost 5,297 Domains in 1 week

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    253 replies to this topic

#1 spaxton1

spaxton1

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 130

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

I was surprised to see Authority Link Network drop so many domains in a short period. It appears the HPBL De-indexing update might be spreading to ALN now. Losing 25% of the network in one week is not a good sign.

Last week ALN had: 22,954 Blogs
    Today is has: 17,657 Blogs

There hasn't been any PR updates over the last week, so it appears the 5,297 domains lost were directly related to de-indexing.

If you received a message last night that some of your domains were removed from the network due to de-indexing; you're not alone. These footprints are becoming too easy for Google to find.

John and I have decided to focus again on our Article Backlink Co-op http://www.articlebacklinkco-op.com/ Those of you who remember the Backlinksforum might remember the discussions we had about creating a high quality shared article network. We had to pull the plug on that project to fix our HPBL networks-- but we've got that issue resolved and are ready to move forward again on creating a new network that is safer from getting de-indexed and is higher quality.

If anyone has any ideas they would like to have us build into the network; please share them. We're planning on implementing some principles we're using on our new reloaded program. (Those of you who are our members know what I'm referring to)

NOTE: I still think ALN will be okay and continue to provide value. But, when 25% of the network gets de-indexed; its time to rethink and plan more for future algo changes.

Edited by spaxton1, 13 March 2012 - 06:24 PM.

Want to get on my waiting list? Click here to join

#2 Fear

Fear

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 113

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

It was inevitable. I personaly lost around 700 domains.

There will be a new network released by my friend in few days which will not be using spun articles ( which are a huge footprint ). Instead they will generate articles for you so no duped content at all. Also it will be closed after sufficient momentum is reached to prevent any google snitches.

As far as I know it will be always free - it is made for people who have many domains and don't want to lose them again.

If anyone is interested, PM me.

Edited by Fear, 13 March 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#3 infocraze

infocraze

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 193

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

Now this is weird, perhaps marking the end of garbage content from the internet. Google have to dedicate resources to indexing pages they deem suitable for the internet community, so sites with hardly any readable content may be a waste of resource to index.

And this is not necessarily targetting HPBLs or any sites that exist for backlinking purposes, it all comes down to the quality of sites themselves and any site with garbage content should really be a target.

To avoid losing expensive domains, it would be wise to have quality content on them that adds value to Google's index. They are a business and they don't want to index pages they will never have to return within serps.

Edited by infocraze, 13 March 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#4 Fear

Fear

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 113

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

The problem is that spinning leaves articles which are not exact duplicates and not unique either. Instead spun articles are 50/50% and google started to target it.

I've personally ranked bullshit, generated(not spun) content for keywords which were bringing $50+ daily - in fact I still do so but because of recent ALN mass deindexing, they are beginning to drop.

Articles should be unique to preserve the network. Their quality doesn't actually matter (which hurts content writers who will propagate the good-content propaganda).

#5 dominicfang

dominicfang

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 200

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

I just got a notice that one of sites had been removed from ALN due to deindexation. I am afraid most of the sites will get deindexed sooner or later due to garbage content.

#6 spaxton1

spaxton1

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 130

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

There will be a new network released by my friend in few days which will not be using spun articles ( which are a huge footprint ). Instead they will generate articles for you so no duped content at all. Also it will be closed after sufficient momentum is reached to prevent any google snitches.

As far as I know it will be always free - it is made for people who have many domains and don't want to lose them again.

If anyone is interested, PM me.

Any new network that addresses the issue is welcomed by me. But, I don't think spun content is the issue. If it is then why has Build My Rank been having similar de-indexing problems? It's more logical to think the algo is picking up on other footprints that are not as subjective as content. I don't think the de-indexing has much of anything to do with the content; for me its more to do with other footprints.

If Google were to take on something like content; it would be much more difficult than to code for other more easily defined variables. I'm sure its possible; but not as likely. There are a lot of really good sites (real sites) with content that have grammar errors-- to start detecting grammar problems would open up a whole new set of problems for Google.
    Want to get on my waiting list? Click here to join

#7 active-learner

active-learner

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 93

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

Looks like the age of spun content is coming to an end. It's not there yet, but it's a coming

#8 Fear

Fear

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 113

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

It seems to me that BMR was hit earlier than ALN and other networks using spun content. Try to go to one of your ALN blogs and copy random 3-4 words combination(the best if it contains some unique words) - then type it into google search with " " around those words - for example "word1 word2 word3 word4". Do so 3-4 times. It almost always shows other ALN blogs and nothing else. To me it is an enormous breach.

Edited by Fear, 13 March 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#9 dominicfang

dominicfang

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 200

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

If Google detects every article in a blog has a huge number of grammar errors, could that rasie a big red flag?

#10 Jammy

Jammy

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 215

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

Ouch! I thought I was bad with 148!

I don't know what percentage of your loss is of course, and I'm not going to divulge mine.

I do have a very interesting fact (not guesses) about our deindexed domains:

We are an internet family business, our family is married/divorced/adopted and we have moved house during the course of our domain collecting so our domains whois is split over several names and addresses (because we have been lax in updating our whois details). Our domains are also with different registrars, different hosts and some are privacy hidden and some are not.

The fact:

ALL domains with a particular whois have been deindexed, whether that whois was hidden or not. Every single domain with that particular whois was in ALN with the exception of 3 that were typical clickbank affiliate sites - they too have been deindexed - these were not backlinked using ALN either. Different hosts. Different registrars. Different IPs. The ONLY connection is their whois.

I also have ALN sites with the same hosts, registrars and IPs as the deindexed domains. They have a different whois and are NOT deindexed.

The guess:

To me that smacks of manual review. Find one and seek out others by ownership.

Edited by Jammy, 13 March 2012 - 07:40 PM.

#11 RealEcon

RealEcon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 544

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

Agree, its not the spun content. Its the links. They have huge link foot prints.

Heck its even becoming fashionable to scrape their link footprint and spam the site owners with one's own link service offer these days.

Any new network that addresses the issue is welcomed by me. But, I don't think spun content is the issue. If it is then why has Build My Rank been having similar de-indexing problems? It's more logical to think the algo is picking up on other footprints that are not as subjective as content. I don't think the de-indexing has much of anything to do with the content; for me its more to do with other footprints.

If Google were to take on something like content; it would be much more difficult than to code for other more easily defined variables. I'm sure its possible; but not as likely. There are a lot of really good sites (real sites) with content that have grammar errors-- to start detecting grammar problems would open up a whole new set of problems for Google.

#12 akula

akula

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 139
    • LocationDuck Country

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

It seems to me that BMR was hit earlier than ALN and other networks using spun content. Try to go to one of your ALN blogs and copy random 3-4 words combination(the best if it contains some unique words) - then type it into google search with " " around those words - for example "word1 word2 word3 word4". Do so 3-4 times. It almost always shows other ALN blogs and nothing else. To me it is an enormous breach.

So BMR was hit first and BMR does not use spun content, and now that the ALN is getting hit we are going to come to the conclusion that G is now fully able to crack down on spun content? Where is the logic in that?

More then likely this is a hunting expedition to deter these networks from continuing. The best thing is that it creates this type of doom and gloom hysteria. We dont know exactly when BMR was hit, but we know that ALN is right now getting hit. I had a few of my own blogs deindexed. Think about that for a second.

#13 dominicfang

dominicfang

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 200

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

Agree, its not the spun content. Its the links. They have huge link foot prints.

Heck its even becoming fashionable to scrape their link footprint and spam the site owners with one's own link service offer these days.

If it is links, could it mean ezinearticles.com will get de-indexed? Every articles in ezine have a few links.

#14 MarkAse

MarkAse

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 258

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

Anyone have any proof that BMR was actually hit?

I have 1200 or so posts there and frankly, I only see about 4% de-indexed.

Lucky maybe?

#15 graham23s

graham23s

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 97

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

One of mine was hit to, could it possible be the <b></b> option to bold your keywords that's leaving a footprint? it's a long shot but a lot of networks allow you to bold the anchor text, could that possibly be a factor?

Cheers

Graham

#16 dominicfang

dominicfang

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 200

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

I have checked 20 posts published in January in BMR. Only 4 of them are not indexed. I don't think BMR was hit.

#17 Fear

Fear

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 113

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

I don't know about BMR deindexation rate but if they were not hit as hard as ALN it would increase the probability of targeting spun content.

Edited by Fear, 13 March 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#18 MarkAse

MarkAse

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 258

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

The problem with checking BMR indexing is that their tool doesn't always find the article, even if it is indexed. You really need a list that you can check back to on a regular basis.

I have all 1200 of mine and things seem fine, but again I don't think that is a big enough sample size given everything going on.

#19 Charybdis

Charybdis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 422

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

When Google deindexes a domain - is it automated or due to a human review? And exactly what causes it?

#20 RealEcon

RealEcon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 544

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

If it is links, could it mean ezinearticles.com will get de-indexed? Every articles in ezine have a few links.

You cant spam a footprint on 1 domain.

Ezinearticles doesnt have 20,000 other sites setup virtually exactly the same, getting the same three links per post that some people were/are posting.

You see you are not thinking big enough here. ALN was working really, really well before all of this happened. And "some people" :rolleyes: thought that if they could just post to more domains faster with their exact three links then their 3 money sites would move up in the serps even faster. So they ended up spamming a footprint onto 20,000 bogs.

It probably was working until everyone started doing it. As you can imagine the link footprint is huge across ALN right now. Although, some guys on BHW have said that they received info that ALN will be changing some things up soon to address these problems. So we will see.

Edited by RealEcon, 13 March 2012 - 08:17 PM.