• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Fast push from #2 to #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    22 replies to this topic

#1 c42

c42

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 49

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

I'm considering selling one of my sites that is currently ranked #2 for its primary keyword. It has held the #2 position for a few months and I am continuing to create a diverse set of backlinks for it. For brief periods of time (1 day), it has held the #1 position and then dropped back down.

Any suggestions on what might push it from #2 to #1 more quickly? (in addition to the other backlinking I'm doing)

#2 DJG

DJG

• PipPip
    • posts 15

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

#2 from #1 After panda?!

#3 c42

c42

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 49

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

Nah! It never stayed at number 1. It only held it for a day or so. I don't think that counts. :blink:

Edited by c42, 13 March 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#4 DJG

DJG

• PipPip
    • posts 15

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

Well, I think, some strong linkweel will be good suggestion for you.

#5 TerryKyle

TerryKyle

Administrator

• Owner
    • posts 1,215

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

High PR page backlinks e.g. PR5.

#6 c42

c42

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 49

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

That is what I was thinking as well. BTW, is your new network up and running? I saw the video but don't remember its launch date.

#7 WillJR

WillJR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 41

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

I would try and get whatever links #1
    us spyglass and try and match their top pr links

Is there anyway to do this without renting them and encuring another monthly payment?

>> Click Here << Watch How I Make an Easy $5,092.70 Online in ONE DAY FREE Training Videos Available

#8 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,236
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

I would try and get whatever links #1
    us spyglass and try and match their top pr links

Is there anyway to do this without renting them and encuring another monthly payment?

While you can get lucky once in awhile for the most part no unless you use blog comments. You could also purchase some domains and set them up yourself then the only monthly payments would be your hosting.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#9 dominicfang

dominicfang

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 200

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Try to blast your competitor's site with Xrumer and Scrapebox? It might be easy to take it down than to push up your site.

#10 c42

c42

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 49

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

Try to blast your competitor's site with Xrumer and Scrapebox? It might be easy to take it down than to push up your site.

Yeah, you're funny. :D BTW, did I mention #1 is Wikipedia?

Edited by c42, 13 March 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#11 Steve Backlink Energizer

Steve Backlink Energizer

Advanced Member

• Active Seller
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 525
    • LocationSo Cal

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

No you didnt and thats important ... and why is it so funny?

I mean holy hell if we so much as sneeze wrong - google hammers our sites. If it was a normal competitor wth not? Theyd do you dirty like that for sure.

Since there wasnt a budgetary number defined ...

1. Add more unique content - a lot more.

2. try and make sure you have a good on site linking structure and silo'd [ perhaps ] depends on what ya got. Seems like an info related site if wikipedia has got your #1 spot.

3. make some content that's news worthy - and get some Press Releases done [ solid DA links ] that are pretty much guaranteed permanent.
    3.a. - build links like a MOFO to these press release pages - focus on any that are do-follow [ NOT rel=nofollow ] - if any. If not any, do not discriminate to link at them all equally and throw kitchen sink at these for a while.

4. get some really good content written for a few guest blogs ... Got a friend in a tuff niche for ecomm site.... that has a "green lifestyles" angle to it - he gets some professionally written pieces 1k-2k words - done really well - $75-100, and it typically will get picked up off his blog and other guests blogs and re syndicated across a lot of aged high pr blogs as well.

5. buy same really old domains that may be related or not .... Put some unique content on [ host off your $$$ site hosting of course ] 1-2 really good pieces and then some filler el-cheapo articless as filler till about 25 articles - link to this site with no OBL's for 2 weeks and then add 1-2 contextual links off the hompege posts. Or buy some really OLD domains with PR .... do this x10 :-) Point some HPBL's at THESE ...

Get RESULTS with Powerful S.E.O. - "Contextual Links In High PR Blog Posts" Rank Ascend Thread | RankAscend.com

Featuring 100s of NEW High PR Blogs and Kick Ass New Back Office System To Manage Your Orders

#12 dominicfang

dominicfang

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 200

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

It is not funny. If you let me know your site and your keyword, I should be able to sink your site from #2 to #12. And I can do that very cheap by hiring sombody from Fiverr.

One of my ecomm sites got hammered by Google, it lost almost all of the rankings. I am pretty sure Google penalized the site because off page seo. I lost most of the traffic and sales. Pretty mad.

#13 c42

c42

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 49

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I only thought it was funny because the site was wikipedia.

#14 c42

c42

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 49

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

No you didnt and thats important ...

Is it worth my time to try and beat wikipedia or should I pick other battles to fight?

#15 dominicfang

dominicfang

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 200

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

Is it worth my time to try and beat wikipedia or should I pick other battles to fight?

I don't understand why you wanted to use resources to beat wikipedia. It is not really your competitor. People don't spend money on wikipedia.

#16 c42

c42

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 49

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

I don't understand why you wanted to use resources to beat wikipedia. It is not really your competitor. People don't spend money on wikipedia.

You make a very good point. My only reason for wanting to beat it was because I wanted to be able to say my site is the number 1 site on Google for its topic.

I'm trying to increase it perceived value.

#17 Steve Backlink Energizer

Steve Backlink Energizer

Advanced Member

• Active Seller
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 525
    • LocationSo Cal

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

I'm trying to increase it perceived value.

spend ur time and money now.... working on better monetizing it ... traffic and income.

Youd probably be better of saying ... it ranks #2 for the terms "blahhhh Blahhhh" and generate $150 a day.

It also now ranks on page one for these additional terms ...

"super blah blah" and "Blah Blah reviews" ... and 4 other terms

Than ... it ranks #1 above wikipedia for this one single term, and makes $32 a day ....

Edited by Steve Aylor Energizer, 13 March 2012 - 11:51 PM.

• c42 likes this

Get RESULTS with Powerful S.E.O. - "Contextual Links In High PR Blog Posts" Rank Ascend Thread | RankAscend.com

Featuring 100s of NEW High PR Blogs and Kick Ass New Back Office System To Manage Your Orders

#18 JustMe

JustMe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 37

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

keep creating back links, while adding some content . That should help.

#19 JSP

JSP

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 690
    • LocationAZ

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

spend ur time and money now.... working on better monetizing it ... traffic and income.

Youd probably be better of saying ... it ranks #2 for the terms "blahhhh Blahhhh" and generate $150 a day.

It also now ranks on page one for these additional terms ...

"super blah blah" and "Blah Blah reviews" ... and 4 other terms

Than ... it ranks #1 above wikipedia for this one single term, and makes $32 a day ....

I agree with this.

If you're looking to sell it, I'd rather just promote the positives and move on. As opposed to spending too much time trying to get it to #1. (Which, with Google, can result in a temporary slap for no apparent reason.)

#20 ishanguptaa

ishanguptaa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 97

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

I

I'm considering selling one of my sites that is currently ranked #2 for its primary keyword. It has held the #2 position for a few months and I am continuing to create a diverse set of backlinks for it. For brief periods of time (1 day), it has held the #1 position and then dropped back down.

Any suggestions on what might push it from #2 to #1 more quickly? (in addition to the other backlinking I'm doing)

If you are looking to sell it.. I might be interested to take it off your hands, Please PM me the details if interested.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.. You may do this to the one who did it to you but don't preach it here where there are whole bunch of crazy mo**er f*ckers who would start doing it and soon IM will turn into hell.