• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS NOW

• Please log in to reply
    19 replies to this topic

#1 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,080
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

Guys do me a favor and hit the report button when you see spam or a thread selling something outside the classified section.

This thread

http://trafficplanet.com/topic/1806-300-approved-dir-subshigh-prslow-dir-subs5000-dir-subsmonthly-packages/

is a perfect example of what not to do. It was up for almost days before anybody bothered to let me know even though 2 other people posted in the thread and 55 of you read it.

Making comments in the thread will not get spam threads or posts deleted. If we missed the original spam chances are we are going to mis your posts as well. While I read a pretty good number of the threads on the forum I do not go through all of them. Not sure how many Lee reads but I am pretty positive he does not read all of the either. It is not only the thread above, we had an issue with the ALN thread a week or so ago that went on for days because everyone kept making comments in the thread about the spam but nobody let the mods know there was an issue.

On the other hand hitting the report button lets all of use know via email that something has been reported so it usually gets taken care of pretty quickly.

So things not to do.

Quote the spam with a snarky remark or making a snarky post without the quote
    Send a PM
    Send an email

The one thing that you should do.

HIT THE REPORT BUTTON.

Thanks
    Richard

Edited by ARVolund, 19 October 2012 - 02:58 PM.
    add some color and increase font size

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#2 adam

adam

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 130

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

I understand about needing to hit the report button, but no comments about the spam being allowed? Sometimes its fun to do this and will actually increase original subject engagement in the thread.

Lets not suck all of the fun out of the board. I know people can go to the 'Lounge' sub forum or whatever, but the truth is most dont want to... So combining a lounge type atmosphere (fun) with a focus on the original subject in the main forum is defo the way to go.

Edited by adam, 09 March 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#3 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,080
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

I understand about needing to hit the report button, but no comments about the spam being allowed? Sometimes its fun to do this and will actually increase original subject engagement in the thread.

Lets not suck all of the fun out of the board. I know people can go to the 'Lounge' sub forum or whatever, but the truth is most dont want to... So combining a lounge type atmosphere (fun) with a focus on the original subject in the main forum is defo the way to go.

You find comments on spam posts are fun and add to the thread? Well I guess we have a different idea of what is fun.

Having said that, the only posts I actually find annoying are the "how come somebody is not doing something about this" posts. The ALN thread had a bunch of those yet nobody said anything to me until three days after it started and there were almost 100 spam posts in the thread to clean up.

If someone feels like making a joke about a particular spam post they find amusing I am not going to get all twisted as long as they do not quote it (this gives me two posts to deal with) and they hit the report button as well.

However bitching about the spam in a thread and then not bothering to hit the report button is what tends to make me cranky and rude.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#4 Fishingman1

Fishingman1

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 447
    • LocationThird Star on the left and straight on until morning

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

I deleted my forum because I could not keep up with the spam.
    It's not fun !
    Kicking the owner of G in the nuts now that would be fun.
    When it all turns to Crap Go Fishing

#5 googlealchemist

googlealchemist

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 350
    • LocationSpare Oom

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

For me, spam posts and any follow up 'joke' posts ABOUT the spam post are a waste of my time, on the level of the 'great post' or 'i agree' type of junk posts. So I'm in full agreement with Richard on this...I come here for valid information....and having to wade thru a thread diluted with junk posts like that is just a waste of what I consider very precious time that I would rather be spending reading other valuable information, or having sex, or making money, or drinking a beer, or whatever.

Let's not be enablers or encouragers of junk like this
    Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

#6 adam

adam

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 130

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

Lets take my answer up one level, the theme of the answer was lets carry on having fun.

I would report spam if I saw it, but I haven't seen any so props to Richard, Lee and any others.

Edited by adam, 09 March 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#7 HeavyD

HeavyD

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 93
    • LocationEating a Big Mac

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

It does not help that the "Report" button is usually whited out and you cannot even see it unless you mouse over it

#8 brandonbaker

brandonbaker

Advanced Member

• Active Seller
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 612

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

It does not help that the "Report" button is usually whited out and you cannot even see it unless you mouse over it

Richard: this.

Private Homepage Backlinks II

10 OBL - Full Link Report - Zero Foot Print

#9 Aneekalam

Aneekalam

• PipPip
    • posts 27

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

can't find report button.

#10 SM8787

SM8787

• Pip
    • posts 1

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

To be honest it took me a while to find the report buttion. I'm not sure thats the reason why people don't report spammy messages though. I'll try my best to report it if I see something spammy.

#11 tacitinc

tacitinc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 47

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

This is a good feature i will be sure to use it, i spotted one today ! whoo hooo!

Here are some of the sites that survived Panda & Penguin, 'Stayin' Alive' by the BeeGee's is a hit theme song in my life right now. :blink:
    googledocumentaries.com | top-documentary.com

#12 penjodenjo

penjodenjo

• Banned
    • PipPip
    • posts 29

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

Will you like to please told me where is the report button, I can't find it, Please help me.

#13 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,080
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:56 AM

Will you like to please told me where is the report button, I can't find it, Please help me.

To the left of the quote buttons, next to the edit button.

#14 sam_seo

sam_seo

• Banned
    • PipPip
    • posts 21

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

can everyone report spam post or you have to be active and reputable member of this forum to report the spam? I am asking this because one time in some other internet marketing forum I did the same thing after a week of joining the forum. the member who post the thread was a very reputable member, so the Mod did not listen to me and suspended my account with the notification that I tried to crashed someone sales report.

that was the dumbest thing ever happen to me.
    thanks for info and please reply back for my question.

#15 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,080
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

can everyone report spam post or you have to be active and reputable member of this forum to report the spam? I am asking this because one time in some other internet marketing forum I did the same thing after a week of joining the forum. the member who post the thread was a very reputable member, so the Mod did not listen to me and suspended my account with the notification that I tried to crashed someone sales report.

that was the dumbest thing ever happen to me.
    thanks for info and please reply back for my question.

Anyone can report, all reporting does is point something out to the mods so one of us can take a look. Now if you started reporting a bunch of non-spam posts as spam we would have a conversation about wasting my time but other than that there is no problem using the report button. You are not going to get banned just by reporting a post.

#16 anuj291

anuj291

Advanced Member

• Active Seller
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 83

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

This could be a big differenciator for traffic planet. ..!! Dont let it become DP (it makes me sad to see DP -- i started my IM in 2006 at the forum :(

#17 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,080
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

All spam.

So in a thread that is specifically explaining the best way to report spam you go out of your way to do it wrong....

So things not to do.

Quote the spam with a snarky remark or making a snarky post without the quote
    Send a PM
    Send an email

The one thing that you should do.

HIT THE REPORT BUTTON.

#18 john smith

john smith

• Banned
    • PipPip
    • posts 15

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

Where IS Report Button Sir?

#19 Fraggler

Fraggler

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 222

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

How many people here still buy or partake in forum post, profile, wiki, article directory and blog comment spam? :) 

#20 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,080
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

How many people here still buy or partake in forum post, profile, wiki, article directory and blog comment spam? :)

Quite a few, cleaning up the spam is something that needs to be done at least a couple of times a day.