• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Building Up The Subdomain On An Old Domain

• Please log in to reply
    2 replies to this topic

#1 briggstown

briggstown

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 124

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

I was thinking about taking one of my unused old domains (that is 12 years old and is only PR2) and adding a subdomain to it with relevant keywords.

Would that subdomain respond to backlinking (contextual networks etc.) better than another domain that's just a couple years old?

#2 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,242
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:07 AM

I was thinking about taking one of my unused old domains (that is 12 years old and is only PR2) and adding a subdomain to it with relevant keywords.

Would that subdomain respond to backlinking (contextual networks etc.) better than another domain that's just a couple years old?

I have never tested it but it seems like it might and you would be able to get the keyword to the front of the url that way. Seems like something worth trying and I do not see how it could be any worse than using a new domain so the downside is pretty low.

Try it and let us know how it goes.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#3 briggstown

briggstown

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 124

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:44 AM

I have never tested it but it seems like it might and you would be able to get the keyword to the front of the url that way. Seems like something worth trying and I do not see how it could be any worse than using a new domain so the downside is pretty low.

Try it and let us know how it goes.

Ok, will do. Thanks for the response.