• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Moving away from SEO hosting

• Please log in to reply
    16 replies to this topic

#1 SEO-Queen

SEO-Queen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 73
    • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:49 AM

I noticed TK has moved away from SEO hosting for his new High PR Kingdom service and I've noticed a few other TP members have been doing this for sometime now as well.

So I'm wondering what non-SEO hosts people would recommend?

I have always used Hostgator and been very happy with them so they are definately on my list.....but I'm wondering who else is affordable and has good uptime?

I imagine someone would need ALOT of hosts and need to be careful with the IP addresses in order to have a say 50 site network that is not hosted via the traditional SEO hosting.

So what relatively cheap non-SEO hosting options are out there that would be good to host high pr sites with?

#2 seoarizona

seoarizona

• PipPip
    • posts 29

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:48 AM

just avoid hosting on class C ips and you will be fine....

#3 SimpleLeveraging

SimpleLeveraging

Advanced Member

• Active Seller
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 135

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

just avoid hosting on class C ips and you will be fine....

Not entirely true, just avoid bad hosting on poorly constructed SEO Hosting networks. Also where possible if they have separate DNS facilities then c class hosting is fine.

Limited Supplies of very good HIGH PAGE RANK and GOOD PAGE RANK DO FOLLOW Academic Wikis are available - PM me for availability.

High Page Rank Do Follow Academic Wikis and Quality Fresh Wiki Lists Available Monthly

#4 SEO-Queen

SEO-Queen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 73
    • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

Well I would imagine Hostgator would give you a different IP address to say an account on Fatcow or another host simply because the server itself would be owned by different companies?

Still waiting for some host name suggestions?

#5 Mat51

Mat51

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 87

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

I have a big list of sites hosted on a seo company all with unique ip and nameservers and it's all ok with my sites

#6 Joe Hughes

Joe Hughes

Advanced Member

• Active Seller
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 817
    • LocationUK

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

Here are a few I've used for those purposes.

midphase.com
    blue host

webhostingbuzz.com
    justhost
    greengeeks
    webhostingpad
    lunarpages
    powweb
    superb.net
    myhosting.com
    hostpapa
    canadianwebhosting.com
    inmotionhosting.com
    knowhost.com
    arvixe.comnamecheaphosting.com
    omnis.com/
    pacifichost.com
    101domain.com
    mochahost.com/
    eleven2.com

I've got more but that should keep you going. Some of those charge 6 or 12 months in advance but other you can pay monthly. Also search for promotional codes before you sign up.

#7 DailyMail

DailyMail

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 49

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

I am using a SEO hosting with dedicated IPs, I dont share my IPs with any other "network". I dont see any reason to move away from a hosting like this.

#8 SEO-Queen

SEO-Queen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 73
    • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

Actually I thought shared hosting was better as you "blend" in more wtih everything else going on on the web?

#9 a1b2

a1b2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 514

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:47 AM

I am using a SEO hosting with dedicated IPs, I dont share my IPs with any other "network". I dont see any reason to move away from a hosting like this.

Pretty much.

Seems like all of this "SEO hosting is bad" talk is a knee jerk reaction from some of the HPBL networks that got slapped.

Sure, there are many bad SEO hosting companies so you need to choose wisely, but that has always been the case.

#10 SEO-Queen

SEO-Queen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 73
    • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

I did have an account with Switch SEO (Leapswitch) and they are a fantastic SEO host with great support and quite a variety of IPs so I don't mean this post to criticize them in anyway cause they are great.

However I setup custom nameservers based on the IP at each of my domain registrars but when I perform a "Who Is" hosting search on each of my sites the nameservers are listed as nsX.lacehost.com each time even though the IP address and hostname come up as different names.

If a Google search can reveal a "Who Is" hosting tool that can bring up this footprint isn't this a problem?

#11 HostColor

HostColor

• PipPip
    • posts 12
    • LocationSouth Bend, Indiana

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

SEO hosting works! However the approach to SEO must be very different from just cross-linking a few sites hosted at the same IPv4 network. The unique, quality content and the reference from customers/visitors have always been a key for any website to achieve a good Search Engine ranking. There is nothing wrong to do cross-linking between relevant web pages hosted in different C class IP's. However this must not be the primary SEO technique to boost a website ranking in the SERP.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting Services - since 2000
    Data centers in the U.S. & Europe; 24/7 @ 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor; ICQ: 295989860

#12 googlealchemist

googlealchemist

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 350
    • LocationSpare Oom

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

I just checked one of mine, and I setup my own individual nameservers as well, im using a different host than yours though....
    I am not showing any such 'leak', as all I see for nameservers is my domainbased private nameserver that I made
    I have whois enabled, but not sure if that is relevant to this...

I did have an account with Switch SEO (Leapswitch) and they are a fantastic SEO host with great support and quite a variety of IPs so I don't mean this post to criticize them in anyway cause they are great.

However I setup custom nameservers based on the IP at each of my domain registrars but when I perform a "Who Is" hosting search on each of my sites the nameservers are listed as nsX.lacehost.com each time even though the IP address and hostname come up as different names.

If a Google search can reveal a "Who Is" hosting tool that can bring up this footprint isn't this a problem?

Edited by googlealchemist, 15 March 2012 - 09:40 PM.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

#13 andrew

andrew

Advanced Member

• Active Seller
    • PipPipPip
    • posts 115

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

I have 30 blogs in hosting, with unique C-class IP and unique Servername.
    All blogs install by wordpress, unique theme.
    And today have 15 blogs de-indexed by google.
    I don't understand why???
    Hire virtual assistant doing SEO - Full time: $150 - $225/VA/month - Part time: $75 - $120/VA/month

#14 _Richard

_Richard

Forum Moderator

• Forum Support
    • posts 5,160
    • LocationNW Arkansas

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

I have 30 blogs in hosting, with unique C-class IP and unique Servername.
    All blogs install by wordpress, unique theme.
    And today have 15 blogs de-indexed by google.
    I don't understand why???

How were you using the sites? What networks did you have them in? There are quite a few threads on the subject as a lot of people have been hit recently as well.

Sometimes I have a link in my signature to a product. If I do assume it is an affiliate link and I might make a couple of bucks off it...................................

#15 petegallagher

petegallagher

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
    • posts 42

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hi

Regarding making your own network, I get ip diversity, start using shared hosting, whois privacy etc, but I have a question regarding shared hosting.

I have many sites and would like to build on all of them with my own network, however, I would like my network to be quality and add value, i.e. real sites.

So because I have many sites, I was thinking I could use 1 shared hosting for quite a few domains and link back to different sites of mine, then move on to another shared hosting account, rinse and repeat. Will be expensive, time consuming and all the rest of it, but I figure why not monetize my little network and add value at the same time, so not necessarily tricking google.

Here is my question, if I use shared hosting and get a cpanel account, as you do with shared. Would all my sites in the shared be linked to one another in some way even thought they are linking to different sites?

i.e. would they have a footprint because they are all in the same cpanel and in the same parent folder? When you go to file manager, everything is in the same parent home/primarydomain

I am a little naïve on the hosting business. If I am right, does that mean 1 site per shared account? Any ideas?

#16 Leapswitch-Ishan

Leapswitch-Ishan

• PipPip
    • posts 10

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:39 AM

Please PM me your domain name / registered email address so that I can check this.

Ishan

#17 Jason Davis

Jason Davis

• Pip
    • posts 8

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

So with all the back and fourth here what is the hosting solution, i.e. WHO should we host with. Who is having success and who are you hosting with? Answers are welcome, make it an affilaite link I don't care if you get a piece i'm just ready to buy.

I've got 80 domains all PR and aged getting ready to hit my account (godaddy) and I need to set these up with privsate nameservers and dedicated IP's.

I've been tracking the algo changes since last November and watching some domains (other people) rank fast, well, and sticky (no bounce) using the above method.

One site in particular has done extremely well. They have set up blogs, unique themes, and standard 200 to 400 word articles with one contextual link to one domain per article ONLY. No cross linking to link juice machines, no more than one link, unique content never spun. The domain names are completely irrelevant, just the age, PR and unique content.

So back to my original - WHO to host with and can you provide a link to an ranked domains so I can do my due diligence

Thanks guys

J