• Create Account

Hey Guest, Welcome to Traffic Planet!

Sign up today in order to gain access to a vast range of features including the ability to create new topics, send private messages, Facebook & Twitter integration and MUCH more!

• RSS Feed
  • Dragon Naturally Speaking - Anyone used it?

• Please log in to reply
    37 replies to this topic

#1 l1nkanarchy

l1nkanarchy

• posts 10

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

Has anyone used Dragon Naturally Speaking before? I know it's pretty pricey and am tempted to buy it due to its ease of use. It's going to be easier to write articles on the fly seeing how it will almost "write" itself as long as the content's spewing out of my mouth :P

Let me know if anyone's used it - pros and cons, etc!

Thanks.

#2 adamv

adamv

• posts 62
    • LocationRocklin, CA USA

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

I use Dragon Naturally speaking every single day and I absolutely love it. I currently have the latest version, 11.5 but I have been using it for a couple of years, version 9.

There is a free voice to text program in windows vista and windows 7 but I have had terrible results with those. The free one that comes with windows makes so many mistakes that it's not worth using but for me Dragon has been an incredibly useful tool and I would be crushed if I couldn't use it anymore. In my opinion it is worth every penny you pay for it.
    Quality Content at Affordable Prices - Get your articles written properly the first time and stop wasting time re-writing your $5 articles. - Bulk Discounts Available.

#3 liquidone

liquidone

• posts 85

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

Fantastic program as it saves TONS OF TIME! Worth every penny.

#4 Charybdis

Charybdis

Advanced Member

• posts 422

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

I know the member Fitgal uses it to create posts for Build my rank.

#5 peter1

peter1

• posts 3

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

One of the best buys you can make IMO

Not perfect, but very good. You will save yourself lots of time.

#6 zzz

zzz

• posts 7

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

DNS+WS FTW

what's WS stand for ?

#7 zzz

zzz

• posts 7

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

can you use the acronym in a sentence :o ?
    also, this.

HE might know.... It's not exactly a secret, I've talked about it before. The difference now...

Content always has it's costs. :)
    (I'm not asking for money, don't offer that, that's not what's being said)

Edited by zzz, 30 January 2012 - 05:43 AM.

#8 LinkDeveloper

LinkDeveloper

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
    • posts 111

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:08 AM

love DNS...
    You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
    – James D. Miles

#9 Lewis Turner

Lewis Turner

• posts 12

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

The problem with DNS is that it takes a while to get use to, BUT once you have "cracked" it then its easy and where before it takes you like 15 to 20 minutes to write an article if not longer you can start writing them in 5 to 10 minutes!

I would highly reccomend you set aside a few hours for the training and get yourself a decent mic if your going to get it!

Lewis Turner

#10 gtaylor

gtaylor

• posts 47
    • LocationPhilippines - Hawaii

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:29 AM

I used DNS for about a month hoping it would save me time as I created content for my clients. Overall, the product worked as advertised, but you will still have a fair amount of editing to do if a well written article is your objective. I don't want to discourage you from giving it a try, because I've talked with some writers who love it... but for me it was a bit distracting because my vocabulary and sentence structure wasn't quite the same speaking as it was typing. Combined with the additional editing I had to do at the end it just wasnt a good fit for me.

George

#11 Ash

Ash

• posts 71

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

ymmv (since we're loving acronyms).

I've never loved DNS, and I spent hours trying to set it up. Turns out, I think as I type. So when I'm using DNS I pause and waste time to think about what to write/say next. My typing's pretty fast anyway, so I just do things the old-fashioned way.

#12 Fitgal

Fitgal

Advanced Member

• Forum Support
    • posts 129

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

I know the member Fitgal uses it to create posts for Build my rank.

Yes very true. I type mega fast but DNS does not go word by word, it does complete sentences and paragraphs all at once - so it is even faster than me.
    I do have to go back and do a bit of editing but it is still increases my speed. Saves a lot of pressure on the wrists also.

#13 Theo

Theo

• posts 9
    • LocationGulf Coast

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

Another thumbs up for DNS...

#14 yougotmymoney

yougotmymoney

• posts 544

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

yea DNS is a godsend, i use it all the time, for bmr/blog network posts, I just search for my kw, select results within the last week, and rewrite others content in my own words...
    takes me about 5 minutes to write a post.

#15 Warrichpk

Warrichpk

• Banned
    • posts 26

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:23 AM

I myself consider Dragon naturally speaking is a superb software because it transforms the words we dictate into written text. In this Fast world, most people don't find time to sit and type the matter in a document. Sosoftwares like this attract many people to purchase it because of it's ease of use and less price.

#16 mark fyans

mark fyans

• posts 9

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Has anyone tried this.....play a youtube video on your chosen subject, use DNS to type it. Of course it would need editing but article writing made easy?

#17 TruWebPro

TruWebPro

• posts 38
    • LocationPhoenix, Arizona USA

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

I guess I am in the minority in having tried it and decided it wasn't for me. There is a learning curve to becoming proficient with it; you have to learn to talk to it in specific ways to handle punctuation, etc. I was with it long enough to get through that, but never got really comfortable with it. My opinion may be influenced also by the fact I am better than average on a keyboard, so I could understand a hunt and peck typist being more likely to tolerate DNS's idiosyncrasies.

#18 Drido

Drido

• posts 84

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

I used it way back 1.5 years ago when Yahoo had their AssociatedContent :) Was trying hard to make money then! Though, AC is still up but it's very hard to submit and get your articles approved!

#19 yougotmymoney

yougotmymoney

• posts 544

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

I guess I am in the minority in having tried it and decided it wasn't for me. There is a learning curve to becoming proficient with it; you have to learn to talk to it in specific ways to handle punctuation, etc. I was with it long enough to get through that, but never got really comfortable with it. My opinion may be influenced also by the fact I am better than average on a keyboard, so I could understand a hunt and peck typist being more likely to tolerate DNS's idiosyncrasies.

Really? There may be something to that keyboard profiency. I'm real bad at typing, so I love DNS. Writing content for blog posts is easy when u have a competitiors site open on one screen and Word on the 2nd, very easy to rewrite the article.

#20 TruWebPro

TruWebPro

• posts 38
    • LocationPhoenix, Arizona USA

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

Really? There may be something to that keyboard profiency. I'm real bad at typing, so I love DNS. Writing content for blog posts is easy when u have a competitiors site open on one screen and Word on the 2nd, very easy to rewrite the article.

That makes plenty of sense. The only difference is that you would use DNS on the Word window and I would still be more comfortable typing up that rewrite on the keyboard. It's just personal preference; from the comments here and their sales success it's obvious that DNS works very well for many people.